Advert in recent BT magazine by Turkish Airlines – slightly misleading?

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

Last night I was looking at my September issue of BT and when I came to page 11 saw an advert for Turkish Airlines demonstrating their Africa network. I knew it was substantial already but was still impressed.

However I was surprised to see that Lusaka in Zambia was on the map. I think pre-Covid they had started it, with a very unattractive schedule that was simply not competitive versus the offerings by ET, KQ and EK etc, so was glad to “see” it had re-started and wondered what the routing and schedule was.

So I looked at some random dates in November (and the TK website is frustrating it must be said) to see that the outbound flight was a TK flight from IST to Kigali, then an 8 hour overnight wait, and then a codeshare flight using Rwandair down to Lusaka.

I have not yet looked at the return flight but feel disappointed and somewhat mislead by that map on the advert.

I know airlines have route maps sometimes showing partner airlines with a different colour line or dot, but this advert made me feel that TK was operating a flight to Lusaka. But they do not.

But what do you think? Do you think this is slightly misleading?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls