Accomodation options in Phuket

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• navnov11
    Participant

Currently getting a good deal on BA Flights+Holidays to Phuket for next easter.
    Anybody in the forum have any recommendations on staying in Phuket?
    Iam looking at booking Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas..

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

thebigseats
    Participant

There are so many options/styles/likes/dislikes in Phuket. If your benchmark/preference/location is the Anantara Man Khao, thats one thing, but if you just stumbled upon it, thats another…more details need for informed input please.

navnov11
    Participant

@thebigseats. thanks for your response.

Looking for a 5 star property (not ultra-expensive like Amanpuri) close to or on a great beach and with decent access to Phuket town.
    It would be our first time to Phuket so not sure whether we should stay close to Phuket town or away from it..

The benchmark or the style that we would like is similar to Anantara Mai Khao, Would like to go diving, island excursions and maybe street food (hence the question whether I need to be close to Phuket town)..

Staying for one week.

Hktbound
    Participant

I would recommend one of the 5 star resorts in Laguna area.
    Im not sure you want to stay in Phuket Town and a trip to Patong Beach is very easy by Taxi for the day or evening.

If you send me a private mail I can help you with my personal apartment if that is interesting for you, its by the Banyan Tree

thanks

K1ngston
    Participant

I will be staying at the Le Meridien property just outside Patong, I have stayed there before and is a first class property and caters for the whole family..

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I would go for the Le Meridien. Been there about 10+ times. Great private beach. Close enough to Patong yet far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. If you are going to Patong look out for, or ask for. Mr Boower and his Tuk Tuk. From the airport it is about 50/60 minutes traffic permitting.

handbag
    Participant

I have stayed at The Slate (formerly Indigo Pearl). Amazing hotel. It is not near Patong , as it is only 5 minutes form the airport. You don’t notice any plane noise, which was surprising due to proximity.

The whole hotel is like staying in an Art Gallery (there is one in reception) , as all the cutlery, tables chairs and furniture all look like they have been individually commissioned for the hotel. It is all made in a very utilitarian vibe.

There are several great pools around the hotel (including an adult only), but we never used as we had our own private one with garden.

It is just across the road from the beach. There are lots of local restaurants to eat locally.

I have stayed in thousands of hotels around the world, but this one really wowed me.

navnov11
    Participant

Hi all,

many thanks for the excellent suggestions and personal experiences!
    Will update the thread if I make this booking.

thebigseats
    Participant

Take a look at The Pavilions Phuket, at Layan – which has Phuket’s best beach – (just 25 minutes from the airport & about 45 minutes to Phuket Town. Pavilions villas are very nice, some with great sea views, & the F & B is excellent. Its not on the beach but is 5 minutes in their shuttle. There are some very good restaurants & bars within 10 minutes drive.
    Anantara also has a resort at Layan so check that out too.
    If you want golf, plus the usual beach activities etc take a look at Banyan Tree/Double Pool Villas by Banyan Tree, it has a lovely Golf Course & Spa & good dining including a great Brunch on Sundays.
    Also worth a look is Marriott Mai Khao Resort – a bit out of the way – close to the airport but fresh & new.
    Island excursions/diving etc are very widely available wherever you stay.

navnov11
    Participant

I have gone ahead and booked The Slate as I needed to lock-in my BA flights (LHR-HKG-HKT-HKG-LHR – Club World (A380) & Cathay Dragon – Business) which were quite reasonable.
    I will now go thru the other recommendations at leisure as the change for hotels on BA Holidays is just £25 (+price difference)

handbag
    Participant

[quote quote=828627]I have gone ahead and booked The Slate as I needed to lock-in my BA flights (LHR-HKG-HKT-HKG-LHR – Club World (A380) & Cathay Dragon – Business) which were quite reasonable.
    I will now go thru the other recommendations at leisure as the change for hotels on BA Holidays is just £25 (+price difference)

[/quote]

Make sure to book the room with he private pool. It has a garden, a day bed, an outside bath + table and chairs. Every day they come and light candles all around it and also come and put mosquito coils out in the garden for you.We were only supposed to be in that room for one night and then moving to the one above. We loved it so much paid to stay in it.

navnov11
    Participant

Make sure to book the room with he private pool. It has a garden, a day bed, an outside bath + table and chairs. Every day they come and light candles all around it and also come and put mosquito coils out in the garden for you.We were only supposed to be in that room for one night and then moving to the one above. We loved it so much paid to stay in it.

[/quote]

Thanks handbag. Do you mean this one? https://www.theslatephuket.com/accommodation-in-phuket/private-pool-villas/

handbag
    Participant

That was the link for the Hotel. Try this for the room
    https://www.theslatephuket.com/accommodation-in-phuket/pool-suite/
    It is a pool suite , rather than a pool villa.The Villa will push the bank balance quite a bit more 🙂
    The pics of the pool suite, don’t really do justice to the size of the outside and also the garden section to the left of the pool, which is roughly the same size.

navnov11
    Participant

[quote quote=828681]That was the link for the Hotel. Try this for the room
    https://www.theslatephuket.com/accommodation-in-phuket/pool-suite/
    It is a pool suite , rather than a pool villa.The Villa will push the bank balance quite a bit more ?
    The pics of the pool suite, don’t really do justice to the size of the outside and also the garden section to the left of the pool, which is roughly the same size.

[/quote]

gotcha! thanks.

Shandy01
    Participant

For the past 5 years we have headed approx. 100km up the coast and stayed in Khao Lak as opposed to Phuket itself. Obviously lot quieter than Phuket but it’s a lovely stretch of beach & area. Khao Lak JW Marriott with its swimming pool canals is somewhere I absolutely adore going back to.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls