Accessing lounge while flying partner airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Hi,
    I will be flying Etihad economy next week (LHR to BKK via AUH) and I hold Platinum card from American Airlines. Those 2 airlines are partner( you can earn and spend miles with each other FFP) but not alliance partner.
    The flights I will take are not codeshare with AA.
    Will I be able to access lounges in London, Abu Dhabi and Bangkok?
    Thanks for your responses

flier74
    Participant

Sorry to say but I thonk the answer is no. EY is not part of the oneworld alliance therefore you wont be able to use the EY lounges. Codeshares do not matter on status cards sadly

goalie11
    Participant

If your flights had been codeshare ones you would have gained access but not if they aren’t.

I picked this up from another Etihad codeshare partner, Air NZ

Lounge Access

Airpoints members travelling in Business Class or First Class on Etihad operated flights are eligible for complimentary Etihad Lounge access. In addition, Airpoints Gold Elite and Gold members travelling on an Air New Zealand flight number operated by Etihad in Economy class are entitled access to Etihad’s lounges.

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Thanks both. This confirm what I thought

Jeustaq
    Participant

No…you can only use oneworld partners airlines and your ticket must be with one world airlines. Pls visit http://www.oneworld.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls