Acceptance cabin luggage 55x45x25 cm

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Auflauf
    Participant

Hello,
    Does anybody has personal negative experience with the acceptance of cabin “plus size” luggage (55 x 45 x 25 cm, example Rimowa cabin plus), by airlines? Pesky Ryanair?
    Thanks!

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Took a Ryanair flight ex-Spain recently and there were no cabin bag checks at all, when “boarding” started the two gate agents only seemed to want to get everyone through the gate as speedily as possible to join the queue in the corridor leading to the jetway, waiting for incoming passengers to disembark.
    Once onboard it was obvious that some pax had oversize bags which had to be placed lengthways in the bins, in the usual position the bin doors wouldn’t close.
    My trolley bag is 55×45 but bit more than 25 when expanded, they never even glanced at it when I boarded

SimonS1
    Participant

Ditto. No baggage checks from Bratislava last week.

GivingupBA
    Participant

I have a wheelie bag exactly that size (the wheels count as part of the height) and have carried it into the cabin on a large number of flights and on several airlines in many countries. I have never had any trouble doing that, I have never been refused.

Good luck.

Cwyfan
    Participant

Would it not be fairer if passengers with oversized cabin luggage were asked to board last, whatever their status, so that those of us who play by the rules are not penalised.

They are more than welcome to then have any vacant space for their excess luggage, without denying others.

It would also stop those who put their cases nearer the exit than there actual seat position.

Just a thought.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller November 2022 edition
Business Traveller November 2022 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls