AC luggage allowance

Back to Forum

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  EagerTraveler 8 Oct 2010
at 01:52

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

drefanhk
    Participant

I travelled on AC from HKG to YVR, LHR, YYZ, YVR and HKG on economy class on one ticket. From HKG to YVR, I checked in 2 pieces of luggage without any problems. When I attempted to check in 2 pieces of luggage at LHR, I was told that I was only allowed to check in 1 piece of luggage for free, I had to pay for the 2nd piece. It did not make any sense at all as I was holding one single ticket for the above routeing. So what am I supposed to do if I refused to pay for the 2nd piece, throw it away? The ground staff of AC at LHR were rude and unhelpful. When I checked with AC in HKG later on, I was told that the staff at LHR got it all wrong as passengers holding ONE ticket travelling from Asia to Canada and then onto Europe or the States etc will be allowed 2 pieces throughout their entire journey. Why the AC staff at LHR are so ignorant is beyond me. AC, please train your staff properly.

EagerTraveler
    Participant

If only the staffing issue was in LHR! When I read my ticket for an international flight it allows 1 bag. Website says so too. 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls