AA DUB to JFK

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Hello all..

I have just booked a flight on above route on BA’s website outbound mid-July.

2 simple questions:

Do AA pax have preclearance at DUB?
    As a BA Silver do I have lounge access, including for my mother who is Blue?

And a much more tricky question: I know NY flights are expensive over the summer, but I get the distinct impression that Economy to all destinations is now beyond the reach of many, especially longhaul??

TravelWise
    Participant

Hello alexpo1, Unless changed recently, the answer to both your questions is yes.
    You do clear immigration in Dublin and arrive in the US as a domestic passenger. This is still advertised on Dublin Airports Website, so should be correct.

Lounge access is ok for yourself and one guest, regardless of cabin class travelled, using your BAEC Silver card. Even though I believe the lounge is operated by a third party, you are ok under one world terms and conditions.

As for your last question, I am not sure I agree. I have just searched for an economy return in August and got £689 in tax etc. I do not think this is so bad, LHR – JFK return, only 7 weeks in advance? A bit more planning and i am sure you can find sub £500.

Thanks TravelWise

That’s roughly what I paid and that just over 2 weeks before travel and you are correct…it’s a good price at this time of the year. Only downside is that it looks like a 757…yikes!

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I did a DUB/JFK on Delta on a 757 and it wasn’t that bad. It is a relatively short flight in any case. Just read your other thread so you may like to know there is an outdoor smoking area airside. It is located on the terrace outside the bar on the first floor!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls