AA don’t want my business

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

RoadKing
    Participant

As I was booking my flights for my next trip to California. I decided to use American Airlines for the leg from LA to San Francisco.
    Using aa.com I got a decent price and all was set, or so I thought.

When I was entering my credit card information, I had to select the country for my credit card billing address.

It was to my great surprise that Norway (nor any other Scandinavian country) was not in the list…

Doesn’t AA want customers from Norway?

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

I was thinking that perhaps AA have BA handle us over here, and checked BA. A rather hilarious experience as ba.com suggested I should fly via Heathrow…

CathayLoyalist
    Participant

Hi Road King, I live in Singapore and suffer the same problem with AA. I have to call a res centre in Australia albeit toll free. When you go to the AA web page there is somewhere a note to say only USA ,UK and I think Japanese residents can book online.By chance I met an AA staff member at a lunch today and they are working their way down Asia from Japan. You used to be bale to book AA flights on Expedia but they are in dispute with AA and have removed from AA’a res systems !!

Dolphin500
    Participant

Hi Road King, Is not only Norway bt they are in their way to fix it. In the meantime, use TRAVELOCITY to book… tehre is link to NORWAY… you can get all the AA flights there and all teh ONE WORLD… is what I use in Canada, it’s works great.

RoadKing
    Participant

Thanks for the support guys. ggardeazabal; I will try Travelocity, albeit i am sort of tempted to ditch AA for Southwest just for the cause of it.
    But I anticipate to be at the airport for about two hours, would be good with lounge access then, which I presume I will have as a EC Gold member.

Binman62
    Participant

Similar issue with AA last year. Got a great rate on AA.com and could not complete. When I called res they would not honour as first sector on BA….so much for Oneworld….again
    BA.com could not price and BA res simply unhelpful.

Needless to say One world lost the buisness……but I actually don’t think they care.

PerthWA
    Participant

You are right about AA not wanting your business in more ways than one.. in November I’d flown SYD/SFO/DFW then on to Las Vegas with QF/AA. Checking in at Las Vegas for trip home to Sydney AA/QF I stupidly assumed AA checkin at Las Vegas would honour the baggage allowance for platinum flyers. Not so.. and told me ‘pay or stay’. It didn’t seem to occur to them that short of driving to LAX, I didn’t have alot of choice to connect with their One World partner. Nice people – not. Don’t expect me to fly AA ever again especially when nothing is too much trouble for Virgin America!!

CathayLoyalist
    Participant

We could probably start a never ending thread on the inconsistencies of the “alliances”. It is far from seamless. I tried to use my Asia Miles for an upgrade on a BA flight from LHR to BOS having planned to arrive in LHR on Cathay from HKG. BA said the only way that could happen was for CX to issue the LHR/BOS sector on BA. To that I replied CX didn;t have the fare BA was advertising and the only fare CX had was GBP1500 more which made no sense. Result I stuck with CX and went via YVR and JFK. Even CX staff couldn’t understand BA’s logic .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls