Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

icenspice
    Participant

Miami to Philadelphia AA 1098

I thought I was flying Business, but my boarding pass clearly stated First. I also don’t know if this was the new layout 767.

What I do know is that I was in 8G, the back row in this 1-2-1 configured cabin for the short 2 hours 30 minutes hop. In my experience, it is probably one of the most comfortable, spacious seats in the skies.

I met an extremely friendly barman (of French origin) in the Admirals lounge before boarding and a couple of other passengers kindly gave me their drinks vouchers which unfortunately I didn’t have time to use so I passed them on to another very grateful man.

Lunch consisted of a small dish of cashew nuts – my favourite – followed by a very tasty lasagne…..and of course a couple of glasses of bubbly.

I don’t know the maximum range of this aircraft, but would happily spend all day on it!

rferguson
    Participant

It sounds like the refurbished 767’s. They mainly fly long haul to europe/LATAM but sometimes are seen domestically. According to wiki depending on the variant and whether it’s ETOP’s certified or not the range is 7130km – 11,825km).

AA like most U.S carriers brands the premium cabin as ‘First Class’ on domestic legs. The same cabin on an international flight (even if its just to Mexico City for example) are branded as Business Class.

I was gutted when my recent DUB-JFK flight was subbed from the new config’d 767 to a 757 🙁

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The drinks vouchers in the AA lounge, which are generally only given out when asked for by international passengers…. how many are you meant to get??

At a recent AA event in London, one of the senior managers told me International passengers can request as many as they like…. I have only managed to get max 2…

Anyone know the max number…

icenspice
    Participant

Seems I was lucky rferguson. Funny, my last AA flight was the same route you mentioned. Many thanks for your reply.

Hello Martyn – it all appears very random. At MIA I was given one voucher. At PHL I wasn’t given any. Lufthansa uses the Admirals lounge there but I still had free rein of the bar LOL, not that I took advantage!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Normally they seem to give out 2 ‘premium’ drinks vouchers.

I usually ignore these and just get the regular drinks – but don’t forget to tip the bar tender 😉

icenspice
    Participant

Generous tips given at both MIA and PHL FDOS !!

Sadly the barman at MIA is just about to change job.

It never fails to amaze me….3 nights away from home and at every step you meet someone with a story or with a positive or negative comment….maybe I should start keeping a diary.

Best regards

dutchyankee
    Participant

@MartynSinclair – 14/10/2015 22:24 BST

Hi Martyn. My experience at the AA domestic lounges they will give you two when you enter, but you can ask for more each time you want another beverage, but then they only give them one at a time, so you have to go back to the reception every time to ask. There never seems to be a limit, or I have never been stopped, lets put it that way.

PegasusAir
    Participant

Travelled last week on a B767 with the new Business class seats (1-2-1)from JFK to MAN. A huge improvement on the B757 that they used to use.
    The seats seem narrower than the B777W which they probably are given the cabin width. The seat consists of a table alongside a seat alternating as on EK 380’s in Business. Two differences I noticed – there is no fixed video screen – they give you a tablet with pre-loaded films which slots into the back of the seat infront, and the arm rest doesn’t retract (at least I couldn’t get it to go down but maybe my fault) so the lie flat bed seemed a bit claustrophobic when down. However
    for an US East Coast – UK flight it was fine .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls