AA 773 seat layout

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

AA is DEFINITELY going ten across in Y. I’ve seen the seat map in Amadeus

RichHI1
    Participant

Absolutely, 3 4 3 confirmed by AA. They are however keeping quiet about it as they are about halving the first cabin. I wonder if this is first step to 2 classes like the 763’s. Let’s hope they stay on GRU – DFW and the odd LHR-JFK. That way you can avoid them (unless you are in middel cabin when they look OK.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

AA has not officially confirmed 10-across on the 777-300ER. But details of the new seating have been spotted on the GDSs. It was reported here three days ago:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/aa-goes-ten-across-for-b777-300er-economy-cabin

feijitong
    Participant

Keep in mind too that Emirates has decent seat pitch too — their 777s are still extremely uncomfortable

RichHI1
    Participant

It is on the seat pland for affected flights on AA website. 10 across in coach, 1 2 1 in business and half the first cabin removed.

RichHI1
    Participant

Maybe they could launch a 4th July campaign? 1 if by land 2 if by sea and 3 if by 773?

DJA1stClass4sure
    Participant

AA’s 777-300ER is identical to the new CX business class. I just took the CX flight from JFK to HKG last week and I am returning in 3 days. The new Business Class on CX makes even a 16 hour flight easy. Of course its not just the seating. Lets just pray that AA brings over the service and attentive flight attendants like they have on CX. I flew AA to PVG this past year and I said never again will I take a AA to Asia, and that was in F class. Now clearly the seating is identical, I wonder if the Air exchange humidification will be the same as CX or SG ? Clearly AA does not increase the humidification in the premium classes on their current fleet of 777’s. I am just hoping that AA learns a few more lessons from CX while going thru the Chapter 11. But if AA wants to retain more customers adding the Air Humidification in the Premium cabins would be a very good start since they are going in the right direction. As an EXP I posed that question to Consumer Relations at AA, and no one seems to know if the new 773 will have the same type of Air filter with increase humidification like the planes that Cathay Pacific uses.

LeTigre
    Participant

Oh yeah, sorry to take us off course somewhat, but I found out from the new Etihad 77W seat plan that they are indeed adopting a 3-4-3 seating layout (avoid at all costs!) similar to the AA seating plan.

Furthermore, (and more importantly) I have found out internally that VS will configure the 787s in 3-3-3 in economy, joining the soon to be 4 star airline- Qatar Airways.

I am very disappointed.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Re: VS expected to configure its 787s 3-3-3

Not good for passenger comfort. But is it really a surprise ?

According to BT, every airline with 787s on order which has published a seating plan has gone with a 3-3-3 layout.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/archive/2012/may-2012/special-reports/in-focus

The only exceptions so far, have been the two Japanese carriers ANA and JAL who have configured their international 787s with 2-4-2.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls