AA 773 seat layout

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• Anonymous

RichHI1
    Participant

Just got mail from AA and the propsed Business layout on 773 is 1 2 1 all forward facing (the same as first layout) so no facing backwards and no struggling to get to aisle. They say 6’8″ length for First but do not quote figure for Business. If it is long enough then this will be fantastic. If they compromise leg room like BA did with their flat beds then it will not work for me.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/boeing-777-300ER.jsp?anchorLocation=HomePageHero1&reportedTitle=AA's new 777&reportedPosition=3&url=undefined&_locale=en_US&repositoryName=undefined&repositoryId=undefined

On other fronts AA passengers are benfiting form One World as AA implements many policies from BA, Free Wine And Beer on international flights, Pajamas and turn down in First, 70 lbs bag limit for Elite FFB’s.

Assuming the Chapter 11 is successful, this new more customer focussed approach should help AA gain share particularly in US originating travel (one has to accept that many people of all nationalities feel uncomfortable or ill at ease on foreign aircraft and this will always limit AA traffic originating overseas as it does BA).

BeckyBoop
    Participant

OMG looks identical to the new Cathay business seat!!! xx

RichHI1
    Participant

DO you know how long these rae Becky? Spacing says 6”6″ but that does not mean bed length is 6’6″… I would hate to think ti si 6’0″ or so.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Dont worry hun i am only 5 ft so i will happly slide in!!! …lol ;o) xxx

DGroves
    Participant

There are rumours that AA are going to move to ten across (3-4-3) in economy on this aircraft. Can Bt confirm this?

DGroves – we have asked American Airlines for confirmation of this, and will post here once we have a response.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

BT do you know what CX’s response is to this? xx

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

on Image 3 / 3 Boeing 777-300-ER Coach Class are there plugs?

Maybe one world going to or try to do same standered on there planes?

RichHI1
    Participant

ChrisBuda82, it would be great if One World did standardize. These look much nicer than Club World with the backwards facing seats and difficulty (as with current AA) of getting to and from aisle.

CXDiamond
    Participant

The CX seat is excellent, as good as F on BA. I’m delighted to see another carrier adopting it and it should cause the game to be raised on the north Atlantic where the only fully flat C seat has been the dreadful club world offering from BA. It’s not a route I travel often but AA have just secured my business if I need to travel in C.

RichHI1
    Participant

I have to say I have been an AA fan for a number of years and the layout in First and Business of these new 773’s looks really good to me. I just hope they put them on LHR-LAX and not just the JFK run. It is a bit worrying that 137 is no longer a daily service.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

http://www.aa.com/i18n/amrcorp/newsroom/fp_777_300er_interior.jsp?v_locale=en_US&v_mobileUAFlag=AA

Before we all get too excited, note that Sao Paulo is expected to be the first route to see the B777-300ER and that won’t be until December. So this aircraft is unlikely to make London until early 2013 and then only on a few flights until more are delivered.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

If AA were to merge with, purely speculation of course by Bloomberg, then this new seating may never see the light of day:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/09/us-amr-usairways-idUSTRE81801K20120209

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls