A380 will no longer serve HK

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• HongKongLady
    Participant

I am wondering why BA has decided to replace the A380 on the HK route?
    On a side note I have just returned from a trip and am pleased to say that the improved meal service was very good. The outbound was better as the return was slightly marred by bickering cabin crew who I quote one as loudly saying ( head of section) ‘ couldn’t wait to get off the plane.’ Does anyone know why they are changing to 2x 777?

rferguson
    Participant

Hongkong lady as far as I know they are not planning on changing HKG to 2 x 777. It will continue to be 1 x 777 and 1 x A380.

The only difference is that from end of October the A380 which currently operates the earlier departure ex LHR will switch with the 777 and now operate the later departure.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Oh I see, my daughter is booked on the 380 but was then told of the plane change, so I presumed with the time table change it was being taken off. She chose the A380 specifically as she is travelling in economy with her boyfriend and there are 2s on the upper deck. She’ll be cross now to know they have just switched them. Thank you for the information.

BMIbaby
    Participant

Hello Hongkonglady. Have you tried to contact BA about the aircraft swap? The reason I ask is I know passengers like to book the A380 so they maybe able to switch the flights if the new times are ok with the traveller’s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls