A380- new BA order this year?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

I thought I read recently that SQ are going full hell for leather with the A350 1000 XB as opposed to other aircraft, does this mean that they will stop using the 380’s? When they take delivery they will re start the longest commercial flight which is SIN – JFK which they ceased flying a few years ago

Interesting as I believe SQ were the pioneering airline for the 380 programme so what does this say about the aircraft. I personally love flying on it and will alter plans to do so…

Alex McWhirter
    Participant

SIA will be flying its A380s for many years to come. It’s currently taking delivery of newer aircraft.

Singapore Airlines launches new A380 on London route

K1ngston
    Participant

Thanks Alex, good to know!

Flightlevel
    Participant

Seen no figures on different cost per seat between the A350/A380 ‘though expect A380’s better on routes where it can be filled, obviously the A350 is better on thinner routes.
    Airbus marketing says the A380 beats the new B779 ‘though latter’s not flown yet so wait and see Boeing marketing!

Flightlevel
    Participant

Seen no figures on costs per seat between A350/A380 ‘though obviously A380s better on routes where it can be filled, and the A350 on thinner routes.
    Airbus marketing says A380 beats the new B779 ‘though the latter’s not yet flown so wait and see Boeing marketing?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls