A3590 First flight 0900 Friday 14th june

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

• Anonymous

0900 tomorrow http://www.A350xwbfirstflight.com live feed due to start around 7am

BA744fan
    Participant

Is that UK or European time? Either way, can’t wait.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know. I just hope that the A350 doesn’t, in terms of economy class comfort, turn out to be a disappointment.

In 2008 Airbus announced a 10-across version (which would be even denser than 10-across on a B777) so let’s hope this configuration is not widely adopted.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/picture-10-abreast-a350-xwb-would-offer-unprecedented-operating-cost-advantage-223853/

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Alex…
    I will ditto your above comment’s……still p*****d off at ACs plans ..

I love the euphamistic double speak for treating your fare paying fed up passengers like sardines by turning your ” Y” class into cattle class……

“This is an opportunity that looks at the very highest levels of operating cost efficiency,” ….Brilliant…I’ll buy into that philosophy the next time I pay over the odds for a cramped seat !

My brother in law works on the project and thats UK time. Apparently it will be running live from 7am UK time.

christopheL
    Participant

Even if “Fog over the Channel. Continent isolated”, I’m afraid 9:00 AM is European time. UK fans will have to wake up one hour earlier than European fans

JohnHarper
    Participant

Thank you for posting this, I’m not working in the morning and it will be great to see the first flight of the A350 which I guess in years to come will be the workhorse of many airlines on routes where the A380 is too large which of course is very many.

Cleancabinair
    Participant

Unlike the Boeing 787 this aircraft uses ‘Bleed air technology’ thus the aircraft does nothing to solve the problem of toxic air contmaination in the cabin so crew and passengers are still exposed to posioning whilst flying! Shame that they could not design it with seperate air compressors!

transtraxman
    Participant

The first flight of the A350 XWB .
    A great sight.
    Take-off right on time at 08.00GMT for a four hour flight.

Thanks for the link.

BigDog.
    Participant

Yes thanks AB

A little more info

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22899952

craigwatson
    Participant

Skyobserver,

Toxic air Syndrome is is a scare mongering fallacy. I can tell you that 99.8% of pilots don’t give it a second thought.

Cleancabinair
    Participant

Hi Craig
    Seems I have touched a raw nerve on this subject…
    Please can I respectfully ask on what you base your premise on for denying the existence of Toxic Air Syndrome? Are you in the aviation industry?
    It is widely known that that air is taken in to the cabin via the Bleed Air intakes off the side of the engines (except on the Boeing 787). If engine oil leaks through the seals it contaminates the air. Engine oil contains a neuro-toxin (Tri-Crysl-Phosphate or TCP) which then attacks the body’s neuro system causing severe damage to cognitive responses, eg blinking, breathing, swallowing & decision making!
    Many pilots I know do acknowledge the problem however find it difficult to get anybody in the industry to listen (CAA is now mainly funded by the airlines rather than the Government), Airlines do not want to admit to its existence as it lead to legal claims by both crews and passengers (Too late for Richard Westgate BA RIP), also the cost of either changing engine oils without the TCP or fitting of special air filters to aircraft. I spoke to a BA pilot about getting different oils used in the engines however he said that the engine manufacturer will not guarantee the engines without the TCP additive, so they are not co-operating. BALPA (pilots union) are being half hearted about the whole issue as they are concerned that thier members could be impacted by the airlines going bust if the issue is brought to the public conciousness. Other pilots I have spoken to as you say do not give a ‘second thought’ to it as they are concerned about rocking the boat & losing favour with their employers. Your statistic of 99.8% should be qualified, thus my challenge as to your industry.
    Many pilots are most concerned but do not/cannot make it an isue!
    Yet passengers as well as crew are bing potentially posioned every time they fly.
    Some legal challenges have been successful including a cabin crew member who used to fly for Ansett (in administration) Australia and another by a cabin crew member who sued Boeing direct. (Please google them?). The Boeing case was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum and rigid caveats on disclosure.
    A sure sign that the industry is rattled!
    The awareness of this issues needs to be highlighted in order to change the dogmatic views of the aviation industry! (www.aerotoxic.org)

craigwatson
    Participant

As I have stated many times in previous threads, I am a commercial pilot for a UK major airline, and I have never heard of 1 pilot that gives any credence to this whats so ever.

When we all start dropping dead at 40 i’ll rethink the position, or even if we start losing our medicals early due to some mysterious illness i’ll again start to think about it, until then we have been using the same method for around what 5 decades, and the vast majority reach retirement, kick up their feet with a nice drink and cigar and enjoy many more years of healthy life.

A much more pressing problem ( and it is so small that nobody gives it much thought either ) is radiation exposure from so many flights at altitude.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls