A321 Club Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

esselle
    Participant

BA LHR-CPH earlier today, upgraded to C at the gate. First time in CE for a while so was quite interested to see what was to come.

Hi Dee Hi!

Plenty of laughing and joking in the galley. No names, no towels (don’t know if that is normal or not).

Constant stream of Y pax using the toilets, not policed at all.

Decent sandwiches (not wrapped btw and not stale), dreadful wine, rather odd Do&Co cake in a box, and reasonable looking scones which I declined.

What was most evidently missing was the sense that the crew were there to look after the pax. However, I know more than I need to about the CSM’s daughter’s shopping habits.

Return flight later this week. Let’s see.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Avoid the wine and stick to ‘poo or G&T. Vino is better than it used to be, but I do sometimes request it as it’s useful for cooking.

Towels should have been part of the service; probably one of the less engaged crew. Performance management will eventually have an effect, but does take time.

Sandwiches on CE don’t need to be wrapped as the distance from galley to passenger is small; a 777 Club cabin is significantly larger and so service takes longer, hence the need to keep sandwiches wrapped on longhaul to maintain freshness.

Best to raise issue of The Poor using your loo there and then; it shouldn’t happen – they should clench, and get used to clenching.

PatJordan
    Participant

VK…..”.they should clench, and get used to clenching”.

One of your better one liners, gave me a good laugh ! Mind you I have seen cabin crew turning away y pax from the CE loos, though it was several years ago.

Let us know how the return flight goes, esselle.

janrotterdam
    Participant

I saw it today on the 5pm flight Amsterdam to Buapest! Om KLM. And t was enforced ruthlessly!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

At least you didn’t have the unclenched masses casually walking forward and occupying the seats! Happened several times on one flight I was on (admittedly not BA). I was getting somewhat irritated particularly since the crew saw it and did nothing, and only acted when I finally pointed out that there was now a young child sitting in the exit row, and wasn’t that a safety hazard?

Although, come to think about it, it did happen one time on BA. I was flying First from BKK (I think) to London, and some brass-necked woman had plonked herself down in my seat and was tucking into the canapes and champers. At first I thought I had the wrong seat but after carefully checking my boarding pass and asking a crew member to check as well, the wretched prole was dispatched back (a long way back) to where she belonged!!

Shearer
    Participant

Surely one of the joys of CE is allowing Y passengers to see that you have Champagne, hot food, cutlery and crockery? What’s the point otherwise?

When I fly CE I always make a point of knocking the cutlery against the crockery. That’s not a euphemism btw.

If someone needs the loo let them use the loo for goodness sake.

StephenLondon
    Participant

I flew on a very busy A321 in CE to Paris the other day.

Efficient crew, used pax names, hot towels, hot breakfast, second tea/coffee service, 11 rows of CE with only 1 empty seat and on a short sector. No incursions into CE cabin as curtain was firmly closed.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@VintageKrug – 17/06/2013 19:41 GMT

`Avoid the wine and stick to ‘poo or G&T. Vino is better than it used to be, but I do sometimes request it as it’s useful for cooking.`

While I agree with you completely to stick to the champers, and likewise love a G&T now and then, every good chef will tell you, if the wine isnt good enough to drink, it certainly isnt good enough to cook with.

Bucksnet
    Participant

If it isn’t good enough to drink then it shouldn’t be served in a premium cabin.

More cost cutting I suppose?

dutchyankee
    Participant

Very true Bucksnet, well said!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

If it isn’t good enough to drink, it shouldn’t be served in any cabin. Even the proles deserve a little bit of respect! And BA need to protect themselves against claims of false advertising – after all, they describe their business class food and drink as “delicious”

Travellator
    Participant

NIR scot
    NO hot food between 9.30am and 12 noon. No hot food between 2.00pm and 5.00pm

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls