A Whisky thread

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Curious why this thread is appearing so frequently with no new comments. Perhaps it is time for a drink….

3 users thanked author for this post.

Johnnyg
    Participant

It’s not the only thread reappearing !!!!

ASK1945
    Participant

It looks to me as a “spam” attack, in which non-member “bad actors” have been able to get around the filtering by our moderators. What I don’t understand is why they always use old threads for their malevolent work.

wingcommander
    Participant

Hadn’t reappeared for me, but as the ‘author’ received notifications. Is there a way I can close it down, would not want to cause unnecessary upset to members?

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi all – it’s a frustrating anomaly of the forum software which we use. When there is a spam post on a topic, even if it gets caught by the forum and doesn’t appear front end, the system updates the topic and pushes it back up the list (until I then delete that post from the back end, which corrects the ordering), so you get these sort of ‘ghost’ posts.

I’ll close this topic anyway, as I think it’s past closing time at the bar…

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘A Whisky thread’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls