A travel wish for 2019 – what small thing would make your life better?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

• CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

For many companies in the travel space, when things go wrong as they inevitably do, I would say to senior management , get of your backsides go down to the coal face and give the customer facing staff the authority to genuinely try and help travellers resolve an issue not exacerbate the problem by standing behind P&P´s and/ or not giving a toss. Good customer service provided with sincerity and a smile is priceless. For me Cathay Pacific and Amex Platinum Card staff are excellent and not just when there is a problem. Iberia are poor.

canucklad
    Participant

The removal of misleading hyperbole…….I get marketing and advertising sells ….but….It simply raises expectations that can’t be met.
    Especially when describing in-flight menus and how comfortable your seat is ……….Honesty might not be the best policy, but raising hopes are worse.

Oh , and if Sir Richard Branson is reading…….You literally didn’t go over the moon, your spaceship reached the lower levels of space and so a certain bovine actually (literally went over the moon.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Slightly off topic – I would like to wish all my fellow posters a Happy and Prosperous New Year. I look forward to all your amusing and informative posts in the coming year. I have met none of you but you all feel like friends.

PatJordan
    Participant

Also off topic, but I’d also like to wish all readers a very happy, prosperous and safe New Year. May I also ask that we remember those who are no longer with us. And finally a very sincere thank you to Tom and all the BT team for all their efforts in keeping the forum going.

Safe travels all.

Pat

4 users thanked author for this post.

Cwyfan
    Participant

U.S. restaurant websites, such as Fleming’s, which deny you access from the UK to make reservations. After all, they put it on the World Wide Web!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree, and it reminds me Canucklad, I’m fed up to the back teeth that everytime I look up a hotel on Booking.com, I get bombarded with emails offering hotels in that city, special deals, and reminders the city is filling up fast, even though on their own website it shows only 33% full!!! Worse, this continues for months. Stop please!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Seat62k
    Participant

Such a small wish: that BA would follow the rest of ow and recognise Priority bag tags.

Does anybody know why they don’t?
    https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/sapphire-privileges

Also bring back the interlining of baggage…

BPP
    Participant

My wish for 2019.
    More of an effort by Airports to restrict the amount of booze consumed at airside bars. Then more control at the gate to refuse boarding to anybody obviously inebriated.

BPP

Johnnyg
    Participant

BPP +1

fatbear
    Participant

Giving the general reductions in seat pitches, stop seats reclining to reduce the space even more…………

PeterCoultas
    Participant

The ability to book business class in one direction and economy in the other….

Jacob
    Participant

You can do that already with Emirates Airlines.

TominScotland
    Participant

PeterCoultas/ Jacob

As, indeed, you can easily do on BA – just did a dummy GLA – JFK, out in Business, back in Economy Basic (hand luggage only). No problem.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Jacob, thanks for info but I never fly the Gulf airlines on principle…even though often they have good deals

capetonianm
    Participant

I never fly the Gulf airlines on principle

I am glad to know it’s not just me, although EK/DXB are my pet hates.
    As far as I know you can mix classes on most carrier websites – I’ve definitely done it on LH.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls