A step closer to ending ban on liquids. Machines at LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

Personally I don’t think its the liquids with me. Last time I got caught by offending unfriendly unyielding security person at T5 it was for toothpaste, which is not really liquids! The thing was it was half empty, granted slightly larger than should have been but went through 21 security checks before T5! I agree if we adhere to the liquids and we show them in the plastic bags its not that much of an issue (unless in T5)

It goes back to the consistency, if only it were the case so we could and would have no issues in each of the airports we went through!

Andrew66
    Participant

But the ruling is , Liquids , Gels , Creams and Pastes , you can carry these if they are below 100g/ mls. And presented in your clear bag . There are many pictures and guidelines to help everyone understand this rule if only every passenger was consistent in taking just a few seconds to understand what constitutes a gel, cream paste and liquid then they wouldn’t lose their items and hold up everyone else waiting behind while a simple science discussion ensues along the lines of that the deodorant spray is actually a liquid inside the can etc etc .

I always find it amusing when people ridicule the ruling , with comments like cross border smuggling of toothpaste , the rule is simple and clear and the ridicule should be applied to the person not understanding , I even flunked my physics and chemistry o levels yet I understand the rules helped by the pictures with the big cross through them .

BA4ever
    Participant

Indeed, it is rather simple. No half empty large bottles. Personally, it’s the staff of the airports who let those toothpastes pass that irritate me, not the ones who will tell you to leave it behind.

Call me stupid, but I don’t get those who nag over strict security. It is for our own safety, we should be pleased with strictness.

RCinBelper
    Participant

Greetings from Brisbane. Here in Australia there are no restrictions on liquids etc. for domestic travel. Joy. RC

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls