A Smoker’s Guide to Airports

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

• Potakas
    Participant

I am having about 50 flights per year intracontinetal and maybe one or two intercontinetal, all of them with connection at LHR T5.. , but this is not the issue for me… I live on a non smoking house and i have to step outside because i respect that.

You shouldn’t speak to Martyn like that, we have the right to ”kill” our self but you can’t make everyone to be a passive smoker because of you..

mkaerouk
    Participant

Re the last comment from george.sr84 concerning trying to hang around airports every week.. Well I smoke 20 a day and my backside is shaped like an aircraft seat.. I spend more time in aircraft than I do in my own home and I would NEVER even contemplate flouting the rules and smoking in an aircraft toilet… If it’s that much of a problem then I can suggest finding a very good hynotherapist.. Save a fortune in tobacco that’s for sure.. Just to ram home a point, my wife is longhaul crew for a well known UK carrier beginning with a V.. She smokes 20 a day and regularly works LHR – NRT sectors without having to resort to a sneaky puff in the loo!

george.sr84
    Participant

If my backside were shaped like an aircraft seat I would also have more to worry about than a cigarette.
    Your wife is obviously the answer to your smoking problem, I don’t have a wife, probably because I smoke, could I borrow yours please.

And as for going outside for a smoke in your own house, Come to my place you can smoke as much as you like with your feet up in front of the telly, I’ll even throw in a whisky to mellow you out, or is alcohol also banned?

What is it with you people? Are you all sheep? Stand up man! There are smokers in the world, and that’s a fact!
    Now let’s find a way to live together in peace but not by telling me what I can and can’t do. Big brother has enough control and you people like sheep to the slaughter are letting it happen, even agreeing.

Potakas
    Participant

I am a 27 year old single man…You are wrong again

mkaerouk
    Participant

Dear george.sr84 – whilst this is an open forum I do take exception to your comments above…. I do not appreciate the personal jibes and if you would bother to have actually read my comments then at no point did I mention not smoking in my own house… Nor did I mention alcohol… At this moment in time you cannot borrow my wife I’m afraid as I’m currently sitting in my lounge with a large JD and a Benson and Hedges whilst she is working a flight back from JNB – I’ll ask her in the morning when she gets home on your behalf! End of subject!

george.sr84
    Participant

You’re quite right. End of subject. This is boring! You guys are no fun!
    Smokers of the world unite… Not that I care, I’m quitting in the morning anyway.
    Then I’ll be able to afford to fly 1st class. Maybe even buy my own private jet.. Does your wife want a job?
    I’m all out of JD, can I come over to you?
    Good night gents….

BTW.
    I’m publishing a website entitled: “How to beat the system and get away with smoking on a plane.”

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi George. I’ve not seen you before on here. As the originator of the thread can I thank you for your contribution. However, you sound exactly like someone who’s been here before under at least two other false names. Isn’t it strange?

Regards

Simon

PatJordan
    Participant

George,

I respect your right to express your views, but really was there any need to belittle Martyn???

LuganoPirate
    Participant

George, if you must smoke on a plane, try this:
    http://blogs.health24.com/smoker/week-3-of-the-e-ciggy

mkaerouk
    Participant

Good morning George – I hope your first day as a non-smoker is going well… Just thought I’d let you know that I checked with Annie when I collected her from the 602 this morning and she said to thank you for your kind offer but she’ll pass on this occasion!

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls