A Small World

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I just received an offer from Lufthansa to join “A Small World” which gives various benefits at hotels, Gold / Titanium levels, free dragon pass etc etc. Website below.

https://www.asmallworld.com/membership?plan_type=lifetime

Though the prestige membership is EUR 4,700 a year it also comes with 270,000 miles which if I think of the cost of a return First Class trip to the Far east or Africa it would be quite a bargain and more than pay for itself.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard of them and if they are a member, is it worth joining.
    Thanks in advance.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I was a member in the first version, over a decade ago. At the time it was only upon invitation and somewhat exclusive. I enjoyed then meeting some nice people. The founder, Wachtmeister, sold it to Weinstein (more or less when Facebook emerged), who himself sold it a couple of years later to a new owner who tried to milk the database by charging for “exclusive services”. It probably worked since it is still there, but many left. I guess it might attract bachelors. While I still receive occasional promotions from them (and the same you did from M&M), I am not interested. Now it might be worth the deal you mention, provided you can get those first class seats for miles…

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Also seems to offer Black in the Global Hotel Alliance programme

https://www.discoveryloyalty.com/Discovery-Member-News/A-Small-World

An upgrade from the Platinum we offer subscribers (but at a considerably higher cost)!

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls