A sly increase in Avios fares?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• openfly
    Participant

Looking at some BA economy off-peak long-haul Avios fares, it appears that there has been an increase from 16,200 to 19,500 Avios….a massive 20%.

2 users thanked author for this post.

frustratedflyer
    Participant

BA seem to have started offering on some flights the ability to get reward flights for different miles levels with corresponding higher/lower levels of tax surcharges. This might be what you are seeing?

mkcol74
    Participant

@openfly – What route & cabin class were you looking at?

Mikeact
    Participant

+1 I’m never keen on comments that only tell you half the story…..just no point and very annoying.

openfly
    Participant

@mkcol74 …if you read my post I say “economy” on several routes.

@Mikeact
    …I’m sorry that you are annoyed at my post. If you consider it “half a story” please explain why. Comments such as yours, to quote you, are also “very annoying” when they criticise for no substantial reason.

I feel that I made a true and factual point….read it again!

1 user thanked author for this post.

mkcol74
    Participant

@openfly My humble apology for missing the cabin. Which routes was it you found this on? And was that one way or return? I’m simply trying to understand where this is happening to a: see if I can avoid a hike & b: see if there’s a reason why.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls