A shower in London

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

In the morning at LHR, I am usually connecting and take my shower in the regular lounge (North or South depending on the time).

Next time, I’ve a three hours stop and was wondering whether the arrival lounge was worth it or not.

Thanks.

edwardbm
    Participant

In my view – YES

You get a nice shower (which might gargle at you a bit), have your suit pressed – freshen up etc .

Then you have the full breakfast layout as you do in the regular First Lounge (South).

I use it every time i land early morning. So nice to freshen up and get a good feed before heading into London. (or on another flight as you are)

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I assume from your reference to North and South that you are coming into T5. I am not convinced that the arrival lounge is worth the trek through immigration and security if you are in fact connecting through. Personally, I would stay airside and use the departure lounges, and take advantage of the longer layover try to get a spa appointment instead

Having said that, I haven’t used the showers in the departure lounges. If they are adequate (and you can clearly draw your own conclusions on that score!) then that would merely reinforce what I say above as the arrival lounge showers aren’t up to much IMHO – they are clearly pump-fed rather than relying on gravity/pressure-cylinders, with the result that they surge, but even then the pressure isn’t very high. The drains are also pumped and VERY NOISY. I have also on several occasions had to queue to get showers on arrival.

transtraxman
    Participant

“A shower in London”
    Reading that title immediately made me think of the ruling coalition in Whitehall.
    I suppose it just reflects one´s own priorities.

VintageKrug
    Participant

You also get to enjoy a treatment in the Elemis Spa.

If you have lots of time, try for one of the infinity baths. I think they are names this because they take an infinity to run, thanks to T5’s eco-plumbing!

Swissdiver
    Participant

I was under the impression the showers were all the same at T5. Do you mean, VK, bath tubes are available at the arrival lounge?

Swissdiver
    Participant

Ian,
    Agree on the practical side. With Iris, it wasn’t making such a difference. But now…

Senator
    Participant

I’ve used the arrival lounge twice for +2hrs connections for Stockholm-Arlanda. I enjoy the experience, including having a shirt pressed whilst showering. As I travel mostly with carry-on only, or the bags have been in transit it has been perfectly fine time wise. Considering the UK requirements of new security screening regardless, I don’t mind the extra walk and passport control.

Papillion53
    Participant

Transtaxman @11:09. LOL!!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes, Swissdiver, there are bathtubs at British Airways’ T5 Arrivals Lounge:

http://errl.org.uk/images/IMG_1203.jpg

Usually for F pax only. I’ve never tried filling them to overflowing, but apparently you can if you want to!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, VK. No thanks, I am not into baths. I just find it interesting to have one in an arrival lounge where you can expect pax to be somewhat in a hurry…

FrozenAssets
    Participant

I can’t understand the tendency for some to want to wallow in their own scum and detritus… eergh

EmsOnMission
    Participant

I would say yes. I have done this before when I have arrived on an early flight into LHR and it is fairly decent. The feeling and sensation of freshening up before a long day in the office cheers you up,for sure!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Has anyone else tried the infinity baths?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls