A nice touch

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

BABenji
    Participant

Just landed in Istanbul (well…about 3 hours ago) on the BA 680. While the Captain was going through his pre-flight spiel (pay attention to the safety video etc), he did take the time to thank the crew for working while their colleagues were taking industrial action. His words were met with a very nice round of applause from all the passangers on board.

I can’t remember the Captain’s name, but thought it was a nice touch and to have it acknowledged by the passengers was fantastic.

Potakas
    Participant

BABenji,

May i ask you if everything in this flight was as usual (proper meals etc.)

Thanks
    Potakas

openfly
    Participant

BBenji…I bet the captain will be blacked by the ”strikers” that he flies with, from now on!!! I agree, nice touch, but thin ice….

BABenji
    Participant

P.Sepsas – Meal was a tuna or vegetarian roll, but served on a tray as one would normally expect, with cheese cake for dessert. Tea, coffee and full bar was offered. Not sure about duty free as I was having a bit of a snooze.

Openfly – You’re probably right, but I’m not sure a qualified pilot would give two hoots. I’m also pretty sure he won’t be as much a marked man as the cabin crew he was praising.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls