*A lounge access in PMU and FRA during COVID times – advice please!

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

I hope m’learned friends on here can offer some advice, at the end of a trip which has been full of interest (I will write about it some time!) and multiple itinerary changes as COVID rules have changed and overtaken us. We are now in Mallorca (having been in England earlier to help the Offspring settle back into uni), and due to one of said COVID rule changes have decided to extend our stay here so that we will have been out of the UK for 14 days and therefore able to self-isolate on our return to HK at home rather than in a hotel or quarantine centre. As part of this the Memsahib and I have bought a new ticket back to HK on LH so that we can avoid the LHR transit on our original itinerary with BA (which would have also made us ineligible for home quarantine in HK).

Question 1: Loungebuddy and the *A website suggest that despite travelling LH in J and having a shiny new TK Elite (*A Gold) card thanks to a status match, there will be no lounge offered in PMI. Is that right? We do have Priority Pass so can access the Valldemossa if Lufty don’t offer something better.

Question 2: Which is the best lounge for us to use in FRA? Our onward flight is also LH business class, and our transit will be from 18:30 to 22:00, during which period we would like to have a meal and a shower if possible. Many of the FRA lounges seem to be closed. Our ticket shows us departing Terminal 1, and the *A website suggests we can access (given that we will be non-Schengen) the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge or the Lufthansa Senator Lounge A (Senator Lounge B is also shown but seems to close before we arrive). Priority Pass won’t help us here since their only offering in Terminal 1 is the LuxxLounge which appears to close at 19:00.

Recomendations please!!

esselle
    Participant

As far as I am aware, all of the CIP lounges at PMI are operated by AENA, and so whilst comfortable are not going to blow your socks off. Typically with AENA, hot food is very limited, but the range of snacks etc should be OK, and the drink selection should be good.

Cannot comment on the setup at FRA I’m afraid.

Safe travels.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I flew through FRA in August and the Intra-Schengen Senator lounge was well stocked with F&B (hot and cold) and the showers were available. If that’s an indication of their current lounge offering – the LH option will likely be a good choice in T1.

Felix
    Participant

In Frankfurt the Lufthansa Senator Lounges are both very good. During COVID the limited their food buffet to a quite limited offering, but the overall lounge experience is very good. Senator Lounge in B has a bar also, with a few cocktails on the menu.
    Air Canada Lounge is OK, but not comparable to the LH Senator Lounge.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls