A large 4 stars room or a little 5 stars one?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

I am running a training in London next month at a Marriott hotel. The company however booked a room for me in a very near-by 4 stars hotel. I was about to complain but had a second thought. Beyond the fact I don’t really know Marriott hotels, may-be I am better off in the 4 stars hotel where a kind of junior suite was booked for me than cramped in a small Marriott room. Don’t you think?

PatJordan
    Participant

Swissdiver, Marriott hotels are generally pretty good.

I understand your predicament however; the extra space in a suite is always welcome. Do you know the name of the hotel? Some posters may well know it which might help you.

Pat

Swissdiver
    Participant

Pat,

I did my TripAdvisor homework and actually the Park Plaza is quite highly rated (42nd out of 1000+ hotels in London – the Marriott is 120th)…

Beyond this specific case, I am wondering how do you judge these kind of situations in general.

Deleted User
    Participant

Swissdiver, I have emailed the forums own Marriott guru, employer, who I am sure will take a look at this post and respond/help personally. All I can say, is that he has helped me in the past and is very good with all things Marriott.

Potakas
    Participant

Swiss,

Marriott London County Hall is the 120th on tripadvisor’s ranking. It is a 5* Hotel by all means. I have stayed there, at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House and at Marriott Grosvenor Sq. County Hall with JW are the best and I believe that are the best Marriott’s in town. Junior Suite at this property will give you probably a Big Ben view and executive lounge access which are great benefits.Also the County has excellent spa/swimming pool.

On your question now, I don’t mind (assuming that the small room is not a hole) as far as the hotel has some standards and Marriott properties in London have those. I would choose based on my location’s needs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls