A hell of a price to pay for the tier points

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Cwyfan
    Participant

Just trying to get an idea of flights from LHR to JRO next November to go on Safari.

BA quoted £11,932.02 business class return for the 2 of us on a Qatar airlines codeshare flight, via Doha.

On the Qatar website, the same flights are £7400.42.

BA have nearly a 70% mark up. Do they just not want the business, or are they trying to catch out loyal customers who use their website assuming things like this do not happen?

Cheeryguy
    Participant

I’m guessing that BA has already sold their allocation of seats for the code share…..Qatar has not.

esselle
    Participant

Years of trying and I still haven’t worked out how airlines price their tickets.

JFK-FRA on SQ metal in J cheaper by half on SQ site than LH codeshare.

MAN-HKG-MEL in J cheaper than MAN-HKG in J on CX using same MAN outbound.

Same story MAN-MEL via DOH on QR.

You get to fly twice as far, eat and drink twice as much, for less money.

capetonianm
    Participant

Willie Walsh once said at a travel trade conference :
    “If the general public can understand airline pricing, we’ve got it all wrong.”
    I worked in revenue management, and I don’t understand a lot of it, and it certainly doesn’t make sense to the public.

Vistaro
    Participant

DOn;t even try to work it out, just have a look at ITA http://matrix.itasoftware.com and take the cheapest!

BugAdvisor
    Participant

I’m not sure what you mean about the Tier Points. If you book with Qatar and add your BA Card number, you should earn BA Tier Points.

OneA
    Participant

…which is completely bonkers, but true!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls