A Good Hotel In Mumbai

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

samanthak
    Participant

Hi,

Was wondering if somebody could guide me with the good hotel options available in Mumbai ? Heard ITC Maratha is a great option with its good location , service and facilities… Anybody with a point of view on this ?

Hi samanthak,

We’ve published several reviews of hotels in Mumbai recently, which may be of help. These can be viewed at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/hotels/india

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am a fan of the http://www.ghhotel.com/ group of hotels when on a tactical show-face press-flesh operation in Mumbai.

The Gordon House is not a mainstream chain, but something a little different with service second to none and more of a boutique feel.

Whichever hotel you choose, I would recommend making your stay as brief as possible.

Is your journey work or leisure?

David
    Participant

I am in Mumbai frequently and normally stay at the Intercontinental near (5 minute drive) the airport. Your hotel choice should be made based on where your business (or pleasure) is. If you’re working/visiting ‘downtown’ then don’t stay near the airport as it can take nearly 1.5 hours to reach this area. And visa-versa. A good choice downtown (at Nariman Point) is the Intercontinental Marine Drive (good restaurants and nice sea views). I’m not specifically plugging Intercontinental however these two do the job.

flying_sikh
    Participant

Hi Samanthak,

It really depends which part of the city you are planning to stay in if it’s north mumbai ie: juhu, andheri area. then the good options are Grand Maratha Sheraton, The Leela or Le Royal Meridien all are close to the International airport terminal, JW Marriott is another fantastic property close to Juhu beach. In south Mumbai The Taj Mahal and The Oberoi/Trident are the obvious choices along with Intercontinental Marine Drive. Mumbai is not every one’s cup of tea some love it and some dont. Everything in the city is not just “Slum Dog Millionaire” . So there is no reason to have a brief stay If you like the city or if work demand’s for it.

Have a nice one.

samanthak
    Participant

Actually its a business trip but there’s no harm in throwing in a bit of pleasure right ! Im looking for an option closer to the airport. A friend of mine had actually stayed at ITC Maratha and had great things to say about the hotels and its service. Her airlines had lost her luggage & apparently the Concierge at ITC Maratha went out of the way to sort this problem for her. Also heard the dining options at this hotel are fabulous!

pat_travels
    Participant

ITC is a good choice, nice rooms/bars/restaurants and gym facilities. Excellent Sunday Brunch which is a bonus if you are around at the weekend, but the cuisine generally is lovely. It is used by crew also. It is located very close to the International Airport and numerous other hotels eg Hyatt, Le Meridien, The Leela are very close by. The Sahara Star hotel near the domestic terminal should not be dismissed. The exterior looks far from welcoming but once inside it is a perfectly nice hotel with good facilities and restaurants.

A bit of a treck from the airport to the touristy sights but at least you can enjoy the Bandra/Worli sealink en route downtown. It will take circa 40-60mins on a good day! It is mighty hot here at present so I recommend an air con car for any journey!

Good luck

flyingbunny
    Participant

The Leela is incredible. And close to the airport. Will take a while to get into town with traffic but the hotel is a delight.

wishee71
    Participant

I would say the Taj or the Oberoi if you need to be in “town” but as you say your preferred choice is near the airport then you can’t go wrong with the Leela, also the Hyatt is very welcoming with two good restaurants. Not sure what Vintagekrug means by making your stay brief, Mumbai is a great place to do business and have a good time whilst doing it.

CathayLoyalist
    Participant

Just spent three nights at The Leela. Superb customer interaction delivered sincerely with genuine smiles. Nothing was a problem. The CX service at the airport for a 02.40 dep on Wednesday morning was outstanding

samanthak
    Participant

Ended up staying at ITC Maratha on my last visit to Mumbai. Turned out to be an excellent choice. The hotel is very tuned in to the needs of business travelers. From the flawless airport pick up to the smooth check out , the hotel does a fabulous job of keeping their guests happy!

OlofNilsson
    Participant

I have spent roughly four weeks at the Grand Hyatt in Mumbai during 2010. It is an excellent hotel. Nice restaurants, gym and pool area. However, it is in a location that is neither close to south Mumbai nor close to the airport (20 min by cab). Depending on where your business is located it can be a good choice.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls