A disappointing New Year's Eve

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

• CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

DerekVH. Good to know except the website I looked at had limited information. That said I;ll take another look. There is a specific thread on here about Trakdot and a poster having read the reviews declined to purchase based on “terrible reviews”.

Ian168
    Participant

After more than a week, Ethiopian Airlines found my missing luggage and delivered it to my home with all the contents intact. Apparently, one of my uncles had a similar experience with ET when his luggage went missing during a connecting flight to Rwanda. He was able to retrieve his luggage but it was forced open and some of his new shirts were stolen. I guess, I’m still lucky.

I will never fly ET again that’s for sure.

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

Sorry to keep this thread alive. I thought my last entry on 19 January would be an end to the matter but KLM seem incapable of even responding to my claim for refund for additional expenses which I had to make and tried to submit via the website. I did this on 12 January and asked a question about how to submit everything.

On 26 January I used the Messenger thread to ask about my claim as I heard nothing. I gave the reference numnber the automated system provided and was informed that “We regret to read that you were unable to contact our Customer Care Team…… due to unforeseen high volumes the reply may take longer than usual”.

On Thursday 8 February I used messenger again and received this response : “We regret to read that your (sic) still waiting for our Customer Care Department…..”

On Monday 19 – 4 weeks after the claim was initiated (and which has to be initiated within 21 days…) I had still heard nothing. I wrote on Messenger once more and received this reply : “We regret that you are still waiting for a response from Customer Care department and can understand your concern……Please be aware that due to unforeseen high volumes the reply may take longer than usual”.

Apart from suggesting they change the name of the so-called Customer Care Department can anyone offer me any advice or suggestions about how I can at least get “Customer Care” to acknowledge my existence other than giving me a reference number which seems to be of little use since they have chosen to ignore me. I really don’t want to message via Messenger again since platitudes, however well-meaning, are of no interest to me after my experiences with KLM.

capetonianm
    Participant

A few years ago I had the same type of miserable experience as above with KLM customer service after an incident and swore I wouldn’t use them.again.

For various reasons which are not important, I did start using them again, quite a lot. Last year, my checked baggage misonnected at AMS and arrived in CPT 24 hours late. I could not fault the way they dealt with it and the speed with which they agreed and paid my claim for the clothing and other items I ihad to buy.

They are in my top three preferred airlines.

K1ngston
    Participant

My experience was the total opposite of yours Capetonianm and similar to the OP. I swore I would never ever use them again and haven’t … listening to Travelling4fun I think I made the right choice!

Jacob
    Participant

tavel4fun have you tried their facebook page and leave a message there?

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

Jacob – no I haven’t – largely because I don’t use Facebook – but based on the experience with Messenger it seems there will likely be no more helpful response. I can only presume that KLM lose so many cases and just don’t have enough staff to provide adequate service. Thanks for the suggestion.

K1ngston
    Participant

Twitter is normally a good forum for abuse, and it goes viral and they may not like that Travelling4fun?? Surely you’re a huge twitter user???

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

I have a Twitter account under a different pseudonym so thanks K1ngston. I have tweeted but no idea whether it will be viewed by klm. I’ll keep you posted —- thanks for the idea.

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

Well, K1ngston – I tried Twitter and it seems like they have the same script as on Messenger :
    – they regret reading my message
    – they have checked to see about my claim which they are working on
    – they will contact me as soon as possible
    – words to the effect that because KLM loses so many bags they are extremely busy at the moment
    – they appreciate my patience
    Etc., etc..

Their loss because next time I fly from the UK it is via Helsinki !

K1ngston
    Participant

T4F what you now need to do is use Twitter and Facebook to shame then, they won’t like you send ing messages using the hashtag that they are cr4p or words to that effect, you have to hashtag how poor they are and then someone will pick up on it …. Good case in point is the guy Adrian from MH who picked up on my displeasure with the airline and he contacted me via the website… rubbishing their product vocally will bound to get someone’s attention I assure you …..

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls