Titan Airways

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

SimonS1
    Participant

Anyone been on a flight operated by them?

They seem to be getting plenty of work from BA these days – tonight’s Cairo flight operated by Titan on an all Y 767-300.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve never heard of them till now Simon, but looking them up and reading their Wikipedia entry they seem to be a very reliable operator. An interesting para was this one which could explain why they are operating the CAI run for BA.

“As well as being the right aircraft at the time for the Royal Mail operation, the BAe 146s helped Titan carve out its niche as a rapid response, ‘Go Now’ aircraft provider responding to urgent requests from other airlines when suffering an AOG (Aircraft on Ground) failure. The carrier was awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for this innovative service.”

I hope you enjoy the flight and I for one would be interested to hear how it was when you get back.

StandingThemUp
    Participant

Titan have been subbing for BA for years.

There was a furore recently, when their 763 subbed a BA TATL to NY and offered no premium seats.

It’s a good, reliable, airline.

capetonianm
    Participant

I’ve been on several Titan Airways flights and they offer a very high standard of comfort, professionalism, and reliability, often better than the scheduled operator.

goalie11
    Participant

Similar good experiences with Titan, they were used quite often by bmi when they needed to sub on the LHR – EDI route.

ZKSmith
    Participant

Recently flew a flight on behalf of VS Little Red too.

Have one of the best liveries I’ve seen.

SimonS1
    Participant

LP – might have been ambiguous but I wasn’t on the Cairo flight. I tend to avoid BA these days, in fact my flight to GIB in a couple of weeks will be my first for some time.

I wouldn’t have been ecstatic if I had been booked CW and an all economy aircraft turned up.

Just curious that Titan seem to be getting plenty of work from BA of late.

openfly
    Participant

@SimonS1

Hi, on the flights where Titan is subbed for a BA long-haul flight, the premium passengers are offered a flight change to a BA flight close to the time and retain the class of travel, possibly with an upgrade. There is also an Avios compensation offering for the inconvenience. Titan is used on the JFK service as there so many flights where premiums can be transferred to. As has been said the Titan crew and service in economy is excellent. I have experienced Titan twice on BA European flights.

I suppose BA are at least trying to solve a problem without totally cancelling flights. Titan give it their best shot as the BA contract must be gold-plated!

SimonS1
    Participant

Thanks, I understand. It makes sense on a route like JFK but on something like Cairo with one flight a day it sounds like a downgrade or 24 hours delay.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry Simon, thought you were on the CAI flight, but beginning to think I’d like to try them out? The picture of the Boeing 737 with 2 and 2 seating looks fab but I guess that’s reserved for sports teams on private charters.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls