RYANAIR CASH PASSPORT

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

tarisingh
    Participant

anyone know to to apply for one?
    Have checked all the possible sites I can think of!

RichHI1
    Participant

Says Access Prepaid Worldwide Ltd will manage for Ryanair from Oct 12th. You could try their customer service email

<a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

don’t know whether you will get anywhere, may be too early.
    Good luck

Tim2soza
    Participant

And take note of the 2% fee to load the card. Using the card to book flights is therefore not fee free, and in theory the booking process is in breach of EU law once again as there should be at least one fee free method of payment to avoid quoting the fees in the base price of the flight.

I’m also not clear how one can avoid the online check-in fee either, but since I will never fly with Ryanair again, it is a moot point.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Technically if you book Ryanair with this cash passport, it is “Fee Free” if you use the card. It’s the card company (even if it belongs to Ryanair) that charges you the 2%!

I also wonder how they will treat refunds from the card to your account and what they’ll charge for that? Bet it’s not free?

craigwatson
    Participant

Tim, a certain percentage, (from what i can see about 50%) of flights dont have an online check in fee, its waived, as well as about the same percentage of flights have taxes waived as well. amazingly you can get leeds-venice for £16 return (not including the card fee) if you are just going for a weekend break with carry on only. would not use them from around london, but for the regionals they are great for anything up to 2.5 hrs.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just booked a ticket for my son, AMS – MXP via ZRH with Swiss for tomorrow for € 240 return. A good deal I thought.

I clicked on “view detail” and you see all the charges that go to make up the price, but as it was all included from tthe offset I did not feel as if they were taking me for a ride. Don’t know why Ryanair can’t do the same and just show the higher ticket price?

What really impressed me though, was I could save € 7.50 if I could pay direct from my bank. It’s not the €7.50 but the seamless way this went through a service called “Ideal”.

I was redirected to another page and chose my bank from a list. Clicked pay and I was into the log-in page. Password etc entered, amount confirmed, back to Swiss site and I’d paid. Never seen this before and am really impressed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls