BA to announce LHR-IKA today

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

• Anonymous

rferguson
    Participant

Starting JUL 14th and operated by a four class 777 from T5 6 days per week going daily from winter 🙂

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Excellent. Those who go there will find an interesting country with many many possibilities.

rferguson
    Participant

Cannot wait to return there. I’m hopeful the route will be operated by ‘us oldies’ instead of Mixed Fleet 🙂

I’m surprised BA are going straight in with a four class 777. I guess they must be quietly confident about cargo and loads. I had half expected a daily A321…perhaps a 787-8 at a stretch.

openfly
    Participant

@rferguson “Perhaps a 787-8 at a stretch”….. Yeah a 787-9 !!!! :-))

sparkyflier
    Participant

Do we know the schedules yet? Nothing on ba.com

AMcWhirter
    Participant

referguson – I’m sure BA will be also chasing the transfer market to/from Iran, hence the use of 4-class B777.

Provisional schedules are:

IKA-LHR BA152 0835-1110
    LHR-IKA BA153 2110-0625

The inbound LHR flight is surely perfect for the voluminous Iranian market in the US. But the ex-LHR flight is not so conveniently scheduled for connex from the US but, on the other hand, it is ideal for business people departing UK/mainland Europe.

rferguson
    Participant

The ex LHR flight at 21:10 might help put some more bums on seats from the daylight JFK-LHR which tend to be quite light 🙂

Obviously I hope BA do well on it.

I’d imagine the ME3 will gobble up a fair bit of the U.S – Iran traffic. And not to mention Iran Air with it’s ambitious order for A380’s!

JohnHarper
    Participant

Don’t either overlook that AF and LH are already established in the market and no doubt also sell transfers along with TK plus the ME3. BA are coming late to the game and once Iran Air is established with its new fleet it will presumably play very hard to gain market share. Iran Air A380 or BA 772? I know which I would choose.

rferguson
    Participant

I can also see OW, Star and Skyteam commencing talks with Iran Air in earnest!

sparkyflier
    Participant

I know which I would choose as well. One has booze, one will not! 😉

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Not just the booze. How daring will Iran Air go with IFE ? Its A380s are sure to feature on US routes and especially LAX. These are very long flights.

rferguson
    Participant

Yes will be interesting to see who bends first!

I giggled when I read about Iranian President Rouhanis visit to France the other week – the official state visit with no lunch!

The Iranians said they wouldn’t attend a lunch where alcohol was served so the french said they wouldn’t have a lunch without wine so ‘no lunch’! Lol

When I visited Iran I was amazed at the contradictions between what was legal and what the people did. For example, satellite TV is illegal to have in your home in Iran. Yet walk down a residential street in a nice suburb of Tehran and 80% of the houses have satellite dishes emerging from the roof tops.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

And what about the situation in Italy when the president visited last week ?

The Italian authorities, to save ambarassing the president, covered up nude statues at Rome’s Capitoline Museum.

A dinner was held withou alcohol. But the Italians, unlike the French, went ahead with the function.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/26/rome-spares-iranian-presidents-blushes-covering-nude-statues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls