AEROMEXICO TO FLY FROM HEATHROW

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

LHREXPANSION2012
    Participant

According to the ACI 2012/2013 Winter season schedule, they have secured 3 x weekly slots from LHR. Anyone have anymore info?

Vertrek
    Participant

Thank you for bring up the news in this forum and welcome! 🙂
    I have no information about it, but excited for LHR to get a new airline in their list and of course, more SkyTeam members to London. 😉

Deleted_User
    Participant

Yes, I agree Vertrek. Nonstop flights from LHR are very limited to one of the world’s biggest cities.

dutchyankee
    Participant

And a fantastic domestic network in Mexico to connect onto! Not that connections at Mexico City are easy, but no worse than through USA, so great news indeed!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

If the flights do proceed, let’s hope that Aeromexico makes a better job of the London route than did Mexicana.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10910887

sparkyflier
    Participant

This will be great news when it is confirmed. I was surprised BA only had 3/4 flights a week, but reckon lots of traffic goes via other hugs, and BA was able to charge high fares due to lack of competition.

It will be interesting which aircraft will be used, 777 or 767, but imagine 767 will be ideal to get the ball rolling.

If BA decide to do nothing to capture traffic and opportunities the many booming economies in South America can provide (and as no announcements yet it seems they are doing nothing), then lets hope that other decent carriers like Avianca & Lan launch direct flight to London.

Also if COPA (of Panama) ever decide to go long haul, with their hugely efficient hub and vast network, They could do very well indeed from London to central America, Caribbean and South America.

JordanD
    Participant

I’m not sure of if the Mexico City route has a seasonal demand profile, but I flew back from there almost exactly a year ago today (after an involuntary rerouting from LIM to LHR), and the BA flight was very lightly loaded. According to the CSD on my flight, this was unusually light, but it wasn’t unusual to have a lot of space on all classes of the 747 operated service.

sparkyflier
    Participant

It must be very good for cargo then, as otherwise they would be using 777.

LHREXPANSION2012
    Participant

the flights to Mexico City will be operated by Boeing 767 aircraft from the 14/12/2012

http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/165537/aeromexico-set-to-bring-competition-to-mexico-city-a-london-route/

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I expect Aeromexico will be using T4. So not so good for those passengers making UK domestic connections.

The inbound service departs Mexico City at 2225 and reaches LHR at 1500 the next day.

But just look at the timings on the way back. The flight departs LHR at 1725 and arrives in Mexico City at 0035. That’s no good for passengers planning onward connecting services.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Looks as though Aeromexico will be using a B777-200ER on the route which is an old-fashioned product.

The B777-200ER is not competitive, eg there’s no AVOD on board and the business class seating is of the ‘recliner’ type.

So Aeromexico will have to compete on price.

Vertrek
    Participant

Although the B777-200ER are not equiped with the purposed Flat bed “J” in their 787 (similar to Qatar 787), the 777 is equipped with their latest product angled flat bed seat.

http://www.seatmaestro.com/airplanes-seat-maps/aeromexico-boeing-b777-200er.html

these are the sample seat of B777 “J”

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/detail.sfly?sid=8QbNHDNy5bqPq4&imageIndex=20&fid=cc3592c50597186f

=)

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Vertrek

I must apologise for the typing error. Aeromexico will operate a B767 on the LHR route and it’s likely to be a B767-200ER.

The carrier’s B767-300s (it only has two in the fleet) are currently used on the CDG route.

If you check the seat maps for either aircraft you will see that recliner seats are installed in J class. And there’s no AVOD although I believe that J class passengers on certain flights (not sure about the LHR route) are provided with a Sony video Walkman for entertainment.

More will become clear when Aeromexico officially announces the new LHR route.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls