850 free BAA Worldpoints

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Finman1
    Participant

Just read in Sept Business Traveller that if you join BAA Worldpoints they will give you 100 points and a further 750 when you spend £50. Seems a good deal – money for nothing!! visit http://www.baaworldpoints.com and put in code 512.

NTarrant
    Participant

Be aware that you can’t use BAA Worldpoints cards at Gatwick from 1st September.

WilliamRead
    Participant

Thanks for the warning NTarrant. So who is now running LGW if BAA have sold it?

NTarrant
    Participant

They haven’t sold it yet! It looks like they will appeal over the sale so it looks as though it will stay in BAA hands for sometime to come. It is rather annoying if you have Worldpoints card and use LGW frequently and need to buy the odd duty free item either for collection on return or when you come back.

I do think it is a bit unfair to stop the use of the card when there is no iminent sale on the horizon.

WilliamRead
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt response. It seems sharp practice to me that now there is one BAA airport that does not participate in the points programme.. perhaps the days of this programme are numbered?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Once the monopolistic BAA stranglehold on British Airports is broken, I think BAA will need every tool in its arsenal to retain customers.

I am surprised a decision to phase this out at LGW was taken; probably a short term cost-cutting exercise when they were told they would have to sell; now no clear buyer has emerged the landscape looks slightly different.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls