83.2% Vote for Industrial Action

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

• Hippocampus
    Participant

BA and CSR?

Sponsorship of our Olympic athletes, the Great Britons programme, the Face 2 Face campaign, Dreamflight, the Flying Start/Comic Relief programme, Haiti flights, research into sustainable fuels, support for many many development projects in Africa….

Not bad for an apparently corrupt organisation!

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

BA and CSR = Window Dressing

You are out of your depth here Hippo, putting your hand into your pocket and making a tax free donation whilst boosting your PR in the process is not CSR.

BA and ISO 260000 v Camel and Needle – my money is on the camel.

Hippocampus
    Participant

You may claim not to be BA crew (perhaps you are an ex-employee?) but the personal attacks on anyone doesn’t follow the BASSA line and insinuation that they must be in the pay of BA, pathological obsession with Willie Walsh, constant rehashing of lies and half-truths, spurious use of numbers, feeble attempts to portray BA as a corrupt and sinister organisation are straight from the BASSA textbook of “debating”.

The suggestion that the “Santa’s crew” initiative collecting donations for crew who have been sacked for very serious offences (bullying, intimidation, damage to personal and company property) is CSR is absolutely laughable.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

A clear end in sight – Let us hope these are well founded –

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13368142

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/11/ba-union-idUSLDE74A2AO20110511?feedType=RSS&feedName=industrialsSector

though it will upset Krug appeared to want a strike.

Hippo – Santa’s Crew collections were primarily to BUY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS for the CHILDREN of Crew financially challenged by being sacked or suspended. Was Scrooge a role model for you?

Due to reps being targeted and the huge increase in suspensions many families had severe financial problems. Due process became extremely elongated (an intention of BA?) lasting many months with the main income earner bringing in a pittance if that.

Since serious negotiations began recently, more cases are coming through with a “no case to answer” verdict – crew being reinstated, the financial hardship will alleviate over time, the trauma will remain though.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Did WW really believe tabling an agreement which allowed him to stack an ACAS arbitration panel to start with and then, if the panel still makes the wrong call it can choose to ignore the result, would be acceptable or indeed moral? Glad to see KW has more business sense and ethics and is man enough to know building essential trust requires a level playing field.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/may/11/british-airways-unite-closer-ending-dispute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13370204

Likewise KW realises punitive actions against union members engaged in a legitimate dispute is illegal as am sure would be the outcome if the current court process had run its course. Hence apparent return of concessions in full.

Walsh asserted return of concessions would never happen. Is it a trait of BA execs believing they are above the law?

Am sure MF will stay, however having 2 groups doing identical jobs operating from the same building, on 2 very different terms is not a recipe for harmony and building morale in a unified company. Though when one factors in Iberia Crew (and TAP?) Open Skies etc then many crews may be run in parallel as opposed to being integrated.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Whatever the outcome from today – it has been a lose lose result.

The damage caused to the BA community and team as a whole will take far longer to rectify than the 18 months of IA.

craigwatson
    Participant

tete – I dont think having 2 groups working in the same building will be an issue for long, as any new hires will be hired to MF, given natural attrition legacy crew will disappear, and/or be marginalized over time.

And can I just say …. good riddance!

pomerol
    Participant

craigwatson

Could not agree more, it would be nice to think that Bassa/Duncan Holley, Tète and all their millitant mates might be consigned to the dustbin, but I suspect this is wishfull thinking.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Bassa were supposed to have published their audited Accounts before now.

RichHI1
    Participant

Well the BBC says that both sides have reached an agreement (subject to ratification) which must be good news for the passenger which is ultimately what I as a passenger, not an employee, employer or stockholder, care about.
    One must praise the efforts of the current BA and Union negotiators to bring this about.
    There is a lesson there for many contributors to this forum, I believe.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls