787 Cleared To Fly Again

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• BA319131
    Participant

BA’s first 787 is now out of the paint shop, with blue engines!

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

And here it is……

http://kpae.blogspot.co.uk/

briancarr
    Participant

I have been traveling with major guys in the airline industry.
    Their biggest concern is what will happen if the 787 is struck by lightening and how the composite materials willreact to that.
    Is there any info on this ?

BigDog.
    Participant

The FT is reporting that an ANA Dreamliner has suffered problems with a panel overheating in a test flight with the modified battery.

One hopes this is not a precursor to another grounding of the model.

pomerol
    Participant

What I find a little disturbing about the decision by the FAA, to allow Boeing to resume flights of the 787 without discovering the source of the problem.

1) The NTSB were against this decision.

° The NTSB stated that the FAA certification of the batteries was that there should be not more than 1 incident in 500,000 hours, in this case there were 2 incidents in 30,000 hours.

HarryMonk
    Participant

I believe I also read somewhere that the test flights were of a fairly short duration, nowhere near the normal mission length that most 787’s are expected to undertake.
    One wonders if commercial and political priorities and U.S pride were foremost in the decision to re-start 787 flights without knowing the root causes of the initial incidents that led to he grounding?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls