777-200 or 777-300

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Anonymous

connorJohnson
    Participant

i am flying from EWR-LHR in F. can anyone tell me which ‘777’ BA are going to use, as the seating configuration seems to be the same but i have been allocated row 5. which i cannot find on the ba seat plans for these planes? Thank you

Bucksnet
    Participant

It’s a -200 or -200ER to Newark. Row 5 is only on the -200 with 17 first seats: –

http://www.thebasource.com/777f17j48w24y127seatmap.html.html

Interestingly BA have reduced their flights to EWR from 3 to 2, and have been subbing the A320/21 instead of the 777. This must indicate how short they are of widebody aircraft at the moment.

connorJohnson
    Participant

thank you

sparkyflier
    Participant

Are you quite sure Bucksnet about the A320/1 subbing for the 777?I really dont think they have the range.

And I think they know the F and J pax would not tolerate a downgrade to Club Europe on a 6-7 hour flight!

FrDougal
    Participant

Bucksnet

BA have definitely NOT been sending any airbus equipment to EWR!

Bucksnet
    Participant

http://www.thebasource.com says they have, and they are usually a very reliable source of information.

sparkyflyer, LHR-EWR is 3011nm and the A320/21 has a range between 3300-3500nm.

connorJohnson
    Participant

what month does it say on the BA source that they are using a a321/a320

Bucksnet
    Participant

I’ve seen June and July, only on BA184. Not checked other months.

EDIT: April and May also have Airbus including A319. I think they will be replaced with the 787. Until then best avoid BA184.

esselle
    Participant

No narrow bodies on EWR. 772/773 and 767 only.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Just checked the BA185 outbound and they are all 777s. I thought it was a bit strange!

sparkyflier
    Participant

Bucksnet

As far as I know, the 320/321 struggle at anything over 2600 miles. Indeed previous versions have never been good at US transcons for example, especially with a full load. This aircraft has never been able to match the 757 with regards to range.

The 320 series neo will probably add about 500 miles range, however I think the 319 can go a bit further, perhaps to over 3000 miles, as it can do London- Banjul and London-Freetown for example with Gambia Bird.

paulbush
    Participant

Which seats are best in Club on BA 777 to Mauritius

timothy222
    Participant

There have been NO A319/A320/A321 flights to EWR in June or July… or ever… come to mention it. It is 767/777 and the ocsasional 773…

on the basource.com if you change the month the route display reverts automatically to the default first route available alphabetically which is Aberdeen to LHR which is 319/320/321, therefore I believe that you are looking at this route NOT EWR-LHR…

Therefore I am afraid that you are incorrect stating that the Airbuses have been on the EWR route… incidently our 319/320/321 are NON ETOPS therefore are not able to operate the TATL flights, the only Airbus that is allowed is the A318 on the LCYJFK route

Bucksnet
    Participant

If you select Newark-Heathrow and look at BA184 you will see the Airbuses listed, but not on the BA185 outbound.

thebasource.com have said there is an error reporting the callsigns used and they are looking into fixing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls