B737 MAX – Will You Fly on One ?

Back to Forum

This topic contains 49 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  capetonianm 13 Jun 2019
at 16:06

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

I rather hope that they will also be re-designing it and I am of the opinion that finally be the case.

From what I have been reading the compensation claims for the grounding and non delivery are already more than US$15 billion.
    Big management changes at Boeing ahead I suspect.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Big management changes at Boeing ahead I suspect.

I don’t see indeed how any management could survive such a fiasco (excepted at BA of course).

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

Would I fly one? Yes, once cleared, I would. There is no doubt by the time it returns to the skies it will be the most scrutinised aircarft in modern day, and for sure, its not the first aircraft to have been grounded after tradgedy to then return to the skies after corrections have been made. What I just hope is that this has taught the FAA that they must never skirt their oversight on safety again, ever.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

To restore confidence in the MAX it’s reported AA managers will fly on this plane before fare-paying passengers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-12/american-air-managers-to-join-crews-on-737-max-before-passengers

capetonianm
    Participant

Well, yes, but no ….!

Asked if I would fly on a Max after it’s been cleared as safe, then the answer is unreservedly yes, insofar as safety is concerned.

What tempts me to boycott Boeing’s products, and I realise it’s totally impractical to do so, is the evasive and underhand way they dealt with this known problem. A few hundred lives might have been saved if they had been more open and honest prior to putting the aircraft into commercial service. It leaves a bad taste.

It’s rather like a restaurant I had favoured for a long time, then went there and had an atrocious meal which was compounded by the rudeness of the manager. I escalated the complaint, was offered an apology, a refund, and a free meal, but I haven’t been back and I won’t. Bad taste again (literally!).

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller June 2019 edition
Business Traveller June 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls