230 BA cancellations 2nd/3rd April and Concorde Pricing

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Montysaurus
    Participant

This evening I received an email from BA saying that one of four sectors I have booked on BA.com for June has been cancelled. It was the first sector of my return from a trip to Spain, returning via Madrid. All 4 sectors were BA flights operated by Iberia. I looked at Iberia’s website and the flight is still operating and tickets are currently on sale for it! Can anyone suggest why this might be? The cynic in me is working overtime.

openfly
    Participant

What a mess….everything to do with BA at the moment is an utter shambles! Good luck sorting it.
    I’m still waiting for EU261 payments for three cancelled flights in Jan/Feb…BAd!

Montysaurus
    Participant

I phoned BA this morning and got through immediately! I described the problem and the lady explained my cancelled flight had been an Iberia flight codeshared with BA. However the codeshare agreement on this flight “had been removed which is why the flight is still operating but it can’t take passengers booked through BA any longer”. Before we could discuss options I was cut off.
    I phoned again and was put through in about 5 minutes and the new agent tried to put me on other flights from Vigo to Madrid but there was no availability on the only 2 which would have got me into Madrid in time for my flight to Heathrow. As my dates are fixed I agreed with him to finish the call while I looked at other options.
    I then looked up Iberia’s website and all the flights he said were unavailable are available and still selling seats. I suppose “unavailable” means “unavailable to BA booked passengers”.
    It would appear my only option is to book my original flight from Vigo and pay for it and then try to reclaim from BA.

1 user thanked author for this post.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Odd that AA is performing better than BA on their longhaul, as their domestic is always completely hopeless in every respect and makes BA look like a star.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls