22 years, 8 months ago

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Reading about Bath_VIP celebrating his 10 years of BT Forum (congratulations!), I was wondering for how long I’ve been around. I looked at my profile. It says:

Profile Registered: 22 years, 8 months ago

I was surprised. But then I checked many others. Guess what? We are all here for 22 years and 8 months! Well not that sure!

So do we have a way to know? I’m curious now 🙂

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’ll see if I can find out…

2 users thanked author for this post.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Me also…..

1 user thanked author for this post.

SouthernOcean
    Participant

22 years, 8 months ago is January 2000, that may be significant.

My profile also claims 22 year 8 months, I am reasonably sure it has not been that long.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1229498]

Finally the Millenium Bug bites!!!!

3 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I think when we redesigned the new site everyone was reset to January 2000, and then in the back office there is actually a default setting of January 1970 for when people who were already posting or registered on the site are said to have joined.
    The earliest posts seem to be around 2007.

4 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Mine is probably about that long but under 2 handles the first being ‘oldchinahand’

Polly
    Participant

Always enjoyed reading this magazine on board. Especially the comments sections, and still seeing these names popping up again and again. Love the insights of the world travelling regulars.And especially the Asia runs.

6 users thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

Not sure how to tell but i guess mine is around 14-15 years

SenatorGold
    Participant

I can’t remember how old my profile is, but I can recall that I’ve been a faithful reader of BT since June 1985. I remember buying my first copy at a news agents on the Theobald’s Road. I remember one of the articles covered Mozambique (then a People’s Republic) and doing business there.

I remember in those days fares would be published in the magazine and there’d be many advertisement for travel agents.

However, I can’t remember when I started subscribing: probably since the early 1990s. In 1999 I had the pleasure of winning a competition in BT sponsored by Qantas: it included two return tickets business class via Singapore to Den Pasar and two nights at the Ritz Carlton Millenia in Singapore.

The oldest copy in my collection dates from May 2000.

So I’ve had a very happy association with BT.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

For those trying to find out when you first posted, look up your content in your account and scroll back to the beginning.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1230021]

Thanks for the tip. I have scrolled back and find that my first posting on the Forum (I marked it as such) was 10 years and one month ago.

However, like others, I was reading BT magazine quite regularly well before then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls