2020 wrap-up…

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Seat62k
    Participant

I haven’t flown since February 2020, but managed to achieve a few new experiences.

Total flights = 9
    Airlines = 3 – of which 1 new (Latam)
    Airports = 8 – of which 5 new (EZE – IGR/Iguacu – AEP – SCL – CJC/Calama)

Hoping to get into double figures next year!

Keep safe, happy and healthy

GeorgeJ
    Participant

Now almost fully retired and no longer look forward to @ 150 sectors a year, however:

Sectors flown 20 (of which 10 before mid March), lots of amendments since.

New airports, San Jose (Costa Rica), San Juan (Puerto Rico) and Corfu

Best refund/rebooking process, BA by a mile, all done by phone on gold card line.

Best airport experience, Munich when almost totally empty.

Worst flight experience BA to Split, ques at Heathrow then they couldn’t start the lift trucks at the C gates and finally they broke down on the way back, broken Britain at its best.

Hope to get somewhere in 2021

Olneyflyer
    Participant

Well It has been an unusual year. I normally travel about 45 weeks a year to various destinations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Far East. I have not flown since the end of February although that said I have managed to visit two new destinations this year in Bucharest and Sacramento. I have like many spent the year with Zoom as my main tool to keep in touch with people. However, I am hopeful at some point in 2021 we will all start meeting people face to face again which is always beneficial when doing business especially with new companies/clients. I very much doubt that there will be the usual announcement of new destinations by airlines and it will be a year of at best consolidation on the routes which bring in the best revenues. Fingers crossed the travel industry gets back on their feet quickly and life returns to some form of normal.

Tramor01
    Participant

Only 7 flights last year, all taken between January and mid March (got back from Tokyo just as we went into lockdown). Since then nothing at all.
    One new destination – Warsaw
    Airlines = 2, SAS and LOT (new)
    Refunds (all for flights booked for colleagues) took between 2 and 4 months to see the money back in my account.
    Retina operation in December means I’m not allowed to fly until April, but to be honest I can’t see me getting back to SE Asia until the summer at the earliest.

CheerUp
    Participant

Happy New Year to you All!

Lucky to get a few trips in before lockdown, and then a DXB trip at the end of the year.

3 New Destinations/ Airports – Paris (Gare du Nord), Madrid, Helsinki, Dubai.

3 New Airlines – Iberia (Short Haul J), Finnair (A330 J), Emirates(A380 J).

Best Expereince – Finnair. Although very little offering onboard, cabin crew and staff in lounge were excellent. I was rebooked from a cancelled BA short haul craft, and very much enjoyed the A330.
    Worst expereince Iberia – 2 hours late, serivce on board non-existent.

Refunds from LATAM and BA arrived within an acceptable time for trips in the lockdown.

Here’s to a few more trips this year. Stay Safe.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls