20 Reasons NOT to fly Ryanair

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

MartynSinclair
    Participant

As may people say, its all about choice and balance!!

My firms choice as part of its corporate travel policy is to ban outright ALL travel on Ryan Air. Any CEO who suggests on camera that stewadesses could supply blow jobs as part of a busienss class service does not deserve to be considered as “normal” although i am sure some annonymous posters may disagree.

If you take all the meat of the bone, the bone will eventually shatter – Ryan Air can not sustain this model long term without incurring losses. The sooner its license is revoked, the better airtravel will become.

I believe is budget travel options, but not below cost options. You get what you pay for and personally I prefer to know that the Ryan Air crews do not have to sleep in the cars at airports and that all their training and support costs are paid for by the company who employs them and not out of their salary.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hi LuganoPirate,

thanks for that it was interesting and I had not seen it before and it is all true. I would add one more reason and that is their arrogance.

Ryannair were planning on flying to Tel Aviv but decided that would not go ahead with this route. The reason they decided against flying to Israel was that the Israelis would not allow them to organise their own security at Ben Gurion Airport. Ryannair said that it was too expensive and that they could do it cheaper.

‘Surprisingly’ the Israelis said no!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Chag Sameyach Jonno – enjoy your cheesecake??

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Toda Raba, Marty and the same to you, unfortunately I hate cheesecake!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Gulp!!!

Just came across this:

“Ryanair is in talks with Chinese and Russian airplane makers about
    supplying new jets (The Irish Independent).”

I’m sure the Chinese and Russians make very fine planes, but……….???

transtraxman
    Participant

The revolt against all these extra cabin charges had to come sometime.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12378558

Travellator
    Participant

Only 20 ?

theworldtraveller
    Participant

You do not need 20 reasons not to fly Ryanair, only 1 – thats Safety. They may not have had any fatal accidents yet, but their culture is that that makes having one much more likely than other airlines.

I would never fly on Ryanair, however cheap they are and cannot understand why anyone would!

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

theworldtraveller

I share the general disgust with Ryanair – after all this forum is hardly full of backpackers who might actually approve of them – but I think they would dispute your comment that their culture makes accidents more likely. Where is the evidence? I believe they actually place safety very high on their list: their physical equipment is very thoroughly maintained. It is just a shame they don’t take as much care of the human part of the equation (pilots, cabin crew AND passengers).

My own view is that Ryanair’s management cannot really believe their own success and have no idea how far they can push the business model of being cheap and tacky. They have one insight, which is that people will put up with anything for a low headline price, and they seem to be engaged in a grand experiment to see how far they can push it. And none of us can deny that so far they have not found the limit of the general travelling public’s tolerance for poor service in pursuit of a “bargain”.

But I will not travel with them myself.

p___lon
    Participant

You can criticize Ryanair for many things, but they do take safety quite seriously. They have one of the youngest fleets in the world and carry far more passengers (72,719,666) every year safely than BA or even AF-KLM. I don’t fly them but for reasons other than safety.

jonathanmiller
    Participant

Cedric – is it not the case that most aircraft accidents ara due to pilot error, not equipment failure? Doesn’t that therefore give the lie to your conclusion … even if your premises are correct?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls