10,000 Avios instant apology

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• openfly
    Participant

@CXdiamond.

Through contacts…not at all. In fact the instant compensation on the iPad by the CSM or CSD using the matrix provided is actively encouraged as it sorts the problem immediately, and everyone is happy!

passionateflyer
    Participant

For a second time recently, 2 out of the 3 flights in Club Europe this weekend were operated by a Gatwick A319 reg G-DBCB with no curtain separating club europe from economy. Certainly reduced the ‘premium’ feel. Spoke to the purser who was superb, admitted it had been like that for ages, and apologised saying he would ask Customer Relations to get in touch. Got the following email next day:

“We have received your details from our senior cabin crew manager on board your flight to London Gatwick on 09 February 2015. I am concerned to read that there was no divider between cabins on your flight. I can understand how disappointing this must have been for you, especially as there was a lack of privacy considering the price you paid for Club Europe. I realise we let you down as this is not what you should experience when travelling with British Airways. Please accept my sincere for the inconvenience caused.

I know that this is not the first time this has happened to you, and that you did point this problem out to us before. I can only apologise again for the inconvenience and annoyance this caused you.

When our customers report an issue to us, we do everything we can to put it right immediately. Some things we can resolve either straightaway, or a short time later if we have to consult our colleagues. Realistically, some of the issues can take longer, because we need to research the right solution before we can make a change – either to our aircraft or terminals or in the way we serve our customers.

The one thing I can assure you is that we are determined to improve our service. Across the business, our senior managers are considering what our customers tell us in our statistical reports and in the independent market research we commission. Our Executive Chairman is personally driving the impetus for change and he challenges us to make continuous improvements across our business.

Although I cannot change the circumstances that affected your travel with us on this occasion, I am confident we can do a better job in the future. Your business is invaluable to us and we appreciate that you have a choice when it comes to booking your flights. We look forward to welcoming you family on board again soon.

Best regards”

The fact that I had raised this with BA a few months ago and nothing had been done was particularly disappointing. They fobbed me off with an apology and a ‘we’ll pass this on’ then and they have done the same now. I decided to call CR today and explain that I thought that some sort of gesture should be offered in light of the continued service reduction however was told a flat no. Seems they have a big company mentality who need to be brought down a peg or two in my opinion. Will continue flying BA due to convenience but won’t bother with paying the extra for CE again.

passionateflyer
    Participant

@openfly. They have now removed all mention of a ‘separate’ cabin on the website, as pointed out by CR on the phone to me today. No longer a guarantee (not that it was anyway in the first place). Previously the section read “Our contoured leather seat, in a separate spacious cabin at the front of the aircraft”. Still indexed by google on the page but no longer there when you click the link to it.

openfly
    Participant

@Passionateflyer.

Thanks for that. Obviously giving Avios was hurting the bottom line. Rather than fix the problem they move the goalposts….again.

By coincidence, a friend flew on the same aircraft a couple of weeks ago. He also received 10,000 Avios from the purser!
    I flew on the same aircraft a few days ago…bingo…it now has a new shiny divider. Amazing how things get fixed when Avios are given away!

SimonS1
    Participant

Usual corporate drivel from BA then.

CXDiamond
    Participant

‘CB’ never had a cabin divider, I remember flying on it when it was factory fresh LHR-GLA and there was no divider then either. It was during one of the maddest phases of BD management when the identity crisis was at its height and nor did it have converter seats at the front. It was generally confined to routes with no C which as BD went into a tailspin was easier and easier.

Why of course no divider was fitted when BA refitted the aircraft is a mystery. The remainder of the DBC* series do and compared to the pinnacle seats they are a great option as I found twice over the last weekend.

1nfrequent
    Participant

Isn’t the purser authorised to give an instant dole out of Avios on his/her iPad? I thought they were but maybe that’s only on long haul.

1F

openfly
    Participant

@CX CB has a divider now…all shiny and new. Maybe somebody just forgot…or didn’t notice….similar to cowling catches!!!

@Infrequent Yes the senior crew member has a set matrix for Avios compensation on all flights for most eventualities.

teebee8
    Participant

Best way to make a complaint is to put pen to paper. Old fashioned I know but seems to get a more personalised response.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls