100 BA upgrades from WT – First today.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

As part of its centenary celebrations BA upgraded 100 customers booked in World Traveller to First today. It was also to coincide with Valentines day and people were selected based on banter with the check in agents (which was filmed). Stories that had a love/Valentine based theme were those upgraded.

There is a video on the intranet that I imagine will be posted externally soon which will explain it a little more.

mkcol74
    Participant

And here’s the video which may cause some dust in the eyes.

5 users thanked author for this post.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Isn’t sad that there were 100 seats in F that they could use?
    Good luck to every one who was choosen. If only Avios users could do so well!

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Rather than selecting a small number of passengers for surprise upgrades, it would be more to the point if they rewarded loyal passengers in this way, and if they got basics right and improved their offering all round.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Henryp1
    Participant

What a great idea by BA and surprise to the selected customers, hope they all had great flights.

7 users thanked author for this post.

HongKongLady
    Participant

How lovely, a wonderful surprise for all those chosen.

5 users thanked author for this post.

peterraven
    Participant

Indeed, what a wonderful surprise – and please, no more “sour grapes” from “high tier” members

capetonianm
    Participant

Yes, it was a nice little video and a bit of fun and no doubt they will acquire the loyalty of those passengers.

It is certainly not ‘sour grapes’ on my part. I avoid BA as it is inferior to most of its competitors, I therefore have the lowest FF status and expect nothing special from them. I just think it would make more commercial sense for them to reward loyal and frequent passengers rather than random travellers.

rferguson
    Participant

I think there is less commercial sense in upgrading 100 top tier FF’s than 100 selected on the basis of their purpose of travel on Valentines day.

This IS a marketing exercise.

Who would be interesting in seeing a video of 100 Gold card holders getting preferential treatment (again) at a check in desk. No one would be interested as this does happen on a daily basis anyway. I think there would be more a rolling of the eyes from the viewer than anything.

8 users thanked author for this post.

mkcol74
    Participant

@SGJNI1961 Don’t you think they would have blocked the 100 seats off in advance, knowing they were going to do this promo?

mkcol74
    Participant

OT: I’ve noticed I’m not getting emails to advise there’s been a reply to a topic I’ve added to, despite ticking the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” box below & my email address not changing. Just me?

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi mkcol74 – looks like you’re right, the notifications are not working at the moment. We’re looking into it now – thanks for alerting us.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi mkcol74 – this issue has now been fixed, so hopefully you’ll get a notification of this reply.

If not, it hasn’t…

mkcol74
    Participant

@MarkCaswell – All working fine now thanks!

SGJNI1961
    Participant

There were certainly no sour grapes on my part! Good luck to all who participated and were so fortunate.
    My point was rather that they habitually do not make available seats in F to upgrade with Avios or to purchase with Avios. I understand perfectly well thst this was a marketing exercise and therefore had been planned no doubt to pick a day when they had 100 seats available but on any other day why are the seats not made available?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls