Reply To: Etihad's "increased value and flexibility based on customer feedback"

Back to Forum

canucklad
Participant

This is another classic example of an industry leader identifying penny pinching at the expense of the customer. Or put it another way —-ALL OF US
The Etihad management team (amongst others) have probably come to the conclusion that they can strip back without consequence because compared to others they’re ahead of the pack.

We live in a world where consumers are taken for granted and companies, particularly large conglomerates focus on share price and continued profit growth rather than creating unique and valued experiences.
Sadly and IMO, companies that blackmail us with loyalty programmes rather than investing and creating clear differences between themselves and their competitors are ultimately contributing to the global homogenization of the industry, leaving us ultimately with no true choice .

To summarise and link Tom’s and FDOS’s points together. …Maybe Etihad’s management team ‘s conclusion was………….“Don’t need the cars, because we’ve still got flowers and BA don’t”

How I dream of an airline that wants to build true brand advocacy, an airline I’d happily recommend to family and friends without fear of comeback. Or am I being naively nostalgic?.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls