Reply To: Manchester T1: A Hellish experience

Back to Forum

FDOS_UK
Participant

Morning Nogbad01
A very robust and admirable defence of your local airport and since I’ve never used T3 nor Aberdeen so I’ll bow to your experience.

I can only comment on T1 as I regularly use it when flying to and fro with FlyBe……

My biggest bug bear……The train station: To advertise this as an airport station is akin to Ryanair claiming they fly to Frankfurt. At least Birmingham Airport provides a shuttle to the terminal from their station.

I’ve never had any real issue with security, although it’s never been a friendly, efficient experience . Functional and grubby best explains the process.

The most disappointing aspect of T1 for me was the departure lounge. Woefully overcrowded in the centralised area around the bar. My lasting impression is of tired people looking forlornly at the boards waiting for a gate to appear allowing them to escape the swathes of humanity.
Only then to be reminded of their youth as you disappear down corridors not seen since your high school days.

Apart from that , all’s good at Manchester, and I’m looking forward to experiencing T3 when I fly with CX , although that’s at the start of next year so a while away yet.

If you exit the station on the ground floor (to the left left), follow the pathway through the car park under/next to the footbridge, it takes <4 mins to enter T1.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls