Reply To: MH delays

Back to Forum

Cloud-9
Participant

The Lounge

Once in the MH F lounge, MP and I introduced ourselves and I was horrified to learn that he had already suffered a 24 hour delay at LHR.

Evidently information had been patchy at LHR to say the least. The MH staff were invisible and useless, and the British staff kind but unhelpful as they were also kept in the dark.

Arrangements had eventually been made for passengers to spend the night at a hotel, and MP had foolishly packed his iPad charger in his hold luggage after checking out. Subsequently his iPad was on 5% charge. We discussed this and thought it reasonable to assume the lounge would have a spare charger. MP hailed a member of the lounge staff and related the whole sorry saga clearly, and leaving out no detail of the dreadful (non) service he had received at the hands of MH. The chap just laughed and smiled at him. Clearly the lounge staff have been trained to nod, smile and agree with anything the passengers say, no matter how inappropriate the reaction or how poor their comprehension of the conversation is.

I got quite annoyed and told the chap it wasn’t funny and MH should do something about it. Did they have a spare charger? No. Were they prepared to offer a little goodwill to a passenger paying AUD6,000 for a ticket? No.

MP went and spent AUD50-60 on a delightfully lurid pink charger himself.

Eagerly awaiting an influx of passengers from the doomed flight, a flurry of excitement engulfed MP and I when 2 men entered the lounge about an hour later. One approached us and we chatted. It turned out he was on his way to BKK and was just after a glass of bubbly ?

We made phone calls home and at 1pm MP and I went for lunch in the F dining room.

By then we had been given a definite departure time of 1515 from gate C32.

I ordered salad and laksa; MP ordered soup and roast beef. My salad arrived first and, as I was eating it, my laksa and his beef arrived. They had even managed to stuff up his dining order…. no attempt was made to keep the laksa hot.

At 1420 came the call to reboard our flight to MEL…

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls