Reply To: MH delays

Back to Forum

Cloud-9
Participant

I started this thread to enlist assistance for MP following his 24 hour delay at LHR and subsequent 6+ hours at KL. However, I have now decided to catalogue the littany of errors from the start.

Due to callings on my time here I will have to split it up.

The Boarding.
Passport control and security was easy at 7.10 and I was in the CX lounge by 7.30. I chose this over the MH lounge as I had computer work and printing to do, and the MH office suite consists of a tired old notebook with a wonky mouse and the ability to print a maximum of 3 pages providing they are emailed to the lounge dragon.

I departed the lounge at 8.40 and made my way to gate C1 in time for my 9.20 flight to MEL. Previous MH experience has taught me to sit near the boarding gates. Disabled and children were requested to board first, along with J passengers. Although only a single queue to recheck passports and boarding passes, there was a separate gate for premium travellers and I was first into my cabin.

At 9.20 the pilot came on the tannoy to tell us that the plane was suffering ‘technical difficulties’, and ten minutes later advised us that our journey time would be longer than anticipated as we would need to stop somewhere to refuel……

By 10am we were advised we would need to change plane and, due either to the front door being used by workers or the airbridge not being there – it was difficult to determine what the pilot was saying – we all had to use the middle exit.

Walking backwards through the cabin, i heard the man in 2a (I was in 1a) ask if we would be able to use the lounge again, to which the stewardess immediately assented.

However, upon arrival at the holding gate he was denied this request. I confirmed that he had been told it was fine and the girl took a note of our seat numbers – she didn’t ask to see our boarding passes – and waved us away out of the sliding glass doors.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls