Reply To: New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum

Henryp1
Participant

There is a very simple solution if BT were prepared & more importantly, allowed to hold the information.

A certified copy of a passport and a business card – 2 items I would imagine every single one of us can easily obtain.

Underneath our Forum handle a very simple “BT verified” stamp. This should all be 100% voluntary.

I admit this is not likely to increase the fabulous forum content we all benefit from, but it should remove the credibility of some of the more questionable / imaginative posts…

I would have absolutely no issue at all with BT verifying my ID in this manner….

I see this as a halfway house to making the Forum more credible, without reducing access to anybody around the world who reads the Forum…

While it would give BT the ability to ‘verify’ who is who, it can’t guarantee that the information posted is accurate or up to date. A particular poster might be an expert on a matter not connected to their profession, which nobody would know about. Knowing that a poster is ‘verified’ on an anonymous forum does not prevent blagging and business cards with job titles can be very misleading unless there has been due diligence which is repeated at regular intervals.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls