Reply To: New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

One of the issues that keeps returning is the authenticity/credibility of some of the posters & content being posted.

We all know this is cyberspace, where some posters need or want to remain anonymous and content is more or less moderated in a self managed manner. This works fine most of the time.

However, on a couple of threads there is some ‘heat’ over the credibility of some thread content, with one poster pressing another about certain content………(the actual thread is not relevant)…

Perhaps as a half way house, would BT consider verifying posters identity strictly on a voluntary & agreed basis. This way, all posters (including controversial ones) will have credibility about what they post.. A mark could be made against their names indicating BT have verified their ID.

I am not asking for anyone to be forced to publicly reveal themselves, I can not see any need for posters to change there Forum names. I see the big advantage being that it will give the Forum additional credibility to sit alongside the IP and email addresses BT already hold.

I will also add, I have met 20 – 30 posters through the years, including controversial posters and there is not one person I have met, that I would not wish to sit around a dinner table talking about what we like to talk about best……….. TRAVEL..

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls