Reply To: Atrocious ground handling by LH at FRA

Back to Forum

LuganoPirate
Participant

I sympathize Capetonian. FRA is a massive airport and from the Schengen arrivals to Z is a massive walk. Further the SA bound flights are usually one of the last gates. Not to mention you also have to clear immigration but I don’t think you need to go through a second security check?

Compounding this is the fact the personnel at the arrival gates, or those holding those little placards do not know how to get anywhere. You ask them where is the lounge or which is the fastest way and they just point vaguely in the direction you have to go, I’ve complained many times about this to no avail, but luckily I now know the airport reasonably well enough and the short cuts not to have to ask anymore.

While I hate FRA airport I actually like Lufthansa very much which is why I continue to use it, but don’t expect any refund on the fare, I’d be extremely surprised if you get anything, though you should get the EU261 compensation. Good luck with it.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls