Reply To: Qatar isolated by neighbouring countries – what does this mean for QR?

Back to Forum

alainboy56
Participant

@SimonS1 = oh well you win, I must be on flights that are rather sparce on this 30% number – ‘good digging’.
On a fact you gave a little earlier, I was interested to note that you started to come here in 1991, or to DXB, or were there in 91, whatever. I first visited there in 84, I think. Do you remember the old original terminal, with I think 10 or 12 check-in desks on the Ground floor, and I think just 4 gates downstairs, that were ‘door’ gates out to a waiting bus?
Maybe FDOS_UK can help us on this?
I often espy the frontage of that old original terminal from T1 on the Rashidiya side, for those others reading this, its the white facade with arches. I wonder how many millions of people whom pass through, or even today, live in DXB, and are not aware of the significance of those arches and that facade.
As I do not use DXB so often, is it still there, as part of the new Terminal building?

Anyway this is now way off thread, and I will get told off. Furthermore QR did not even exist in those days.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls